New Book Now Available

mikedon

I got my copies of Bill Walters’ new book “U.S. AND ALLIED MILITARY KNIVES WORLD WAR II” late yesterday afternoon. After spending hours going through this book I have nothing but good things to say about it. I was most impressed with the quality of the photographs, they are just amazing. The photographs are very large and fill the page from top to bottom. The text is on separate pages as not to clutter the pages with the photographs. Bill covers all types of WWII knives along with some 50’s, 60’s, and WWI knives.

Bill also covers the knife sheaths showing the different variations for each type of knife and an explanation of each one. I have never seen sheaths covered in this depth in any other knife reference book.

The treatment of the WWII Mark 1 and Mark 2 knives is extensive with 39 pages on Mark 1 knives and 75 pages on Mark 2 knives.

The book was printed in the U.S. and the quality is topnotch. It is a huge book with 676 pages, weighing 8 1/2 lbs and 2 ¼” thick.

Bill did an amazing job on this book. If you are a WWII knife collector this book is a must have.

I will attach a few page scans below.

post-165606-0-44163800-1536452895_thumb.jpg

post-165606-0-50240100-1536452911_thumb.jpg

post-165606-0-35648200-1536452922_thumb.jpg

post-165606-0-77280000-1536452934_thumb.jpg

I received my book the other day also. I also think the book is fantastic. I spent hours going over the beutiful photos and reading the text. The book is huge. Great resource for WW2 knife collectors.

Job well done.

Bill had a post on here about the book. I don't want to publish his personal info to this post.

Rick

Book two at 676 pages is about 2 ¼” thick, 8 1/2 pounds. The book quality is outstanding. The full page, color photos of the knives and sheaths are excellent. It was printed by Josten’s in Clarksville, TN., home of the 101st Airborne and Fort Campbell.

The cost of the book including shipping in the US is $217. I prefer that you either pay with a cashier’s check or money order. Paypal is fine, but please pay “friends & family” to avoid the 3% credit card cost. International shipping costs vary.

PLEASE NOTE! IF YOU DIDN’T GET A COPY OF BOOK ONE OR WOULD JUST LIKE TO PURCHASE ANOTHER COPY, I WILL INCLUDE A COPY OF BOOK ONE FOR THE WHOLESALE COST OF $65, when purchased with BOOK TWO. THE TOTAL COST FOR BOTH BOOK ONE AND BOOK TWO IS $282 SHIPPED.

If you are a collector of WW2 US, British, Australian and New Zealand knives, these two books are the only books that you will need.

My Paypal address is my email address: [email protected]

If you are mailing a check:

Bill Walters

3204 Morningview Dr.

Louisville, Ky 40242

Just like Bill’s Book One M3 book, Book Two Illustrates some knife variations that I was not aware of and he goes Into detail about different sheath variants and time line production. First thing I did was go to the Western section as they are my favorites and just like the M3 book I was blown away by all the sub variants. I love the way Bill covered the different sheath variations for many knife groups, something I have not seen done before and has always been a burning question in my mind . I particularly like the Western and MKII sections. Book Two has beautiful, clear, large pictures. Well done Bill!

• 1 year later...

I've had Cole III and IV as my main blade books. Definitely good books and I think still worth having. That being said I bought both of Bill Walters books earlier this year and they are simply outstanding. You're not getting so much a developmental history text but for collectors these are definitive works. Excellent, large, color photography and quality construction. All sorts of types and sub variations of types that might go unnoticed. Even a good number of oddball knives, made in the field / privately, and commercial blades that were used by G.I.'s. I've been using them every time I'm looking at a blade to make sure the details are correct and have had one or two blades I was looking at where I noticed incorrect details I did not have memorized and might have tried to buy otherwise. If you're into knives the books are definitely worth the investment. I don't know how many were printed or if more will be made but a number of collectors books like this are only done in limited numbers and once out of print prices start to climb, and newer books especially have just been bought so people don't tend to be passing them along, making them very difficult to find once the author has sold out. Also, there is some brief mention of some bayonets in here but these really do focus on knives. For bayonets Cole is still excellent, along with Gary Cunningham's book, very detailed, and The American Bayonet which I just go a while ago. Haven't gotten into that one but looks excellent as well.