My F-4 Phantom MB MK-H7 Ejection Seat

graffspee

I just acquired this Ejection Seat from an USAF F-4 Phantom. I have always wanted one and could not pass up the opportunity to get it. It is pretty much complete for the most part. It is missing a few small things like the green Oxygen knob and one of the lap belts on the survival kit for starters. I also want to replace the cover for the lumbar back pad. It is in bad shape. The padding is good but the cover is shot.

I am also going to have to find a manual for it. I have been able to attach some of the parts and figuring out where they go by looking at pics but I can only go so far with that...

post-8047-0-01626400-1536413960_thumb.jpg

post-8047-0-94503800-1536413989_thumb.jpg

I love that! That is a great item to obtain and especially in the good shape it appears to be in.

Yea, It is in great shape and the guy said it is exactly the way it was when they pulled it from the plane.Its cool also that its the pilots seat and not the Aft seat too. I have looked up the history of the aircraft and it was taken out of service in 1996 and used as a target drone over the Nevada test range. I grew up around F-4's at MacDill AFB when I was a kid and my grandfather was still in the Air Force. Its always been my favorite 60's fighter. I was so happy to be able to own a seat from one. Just need to track down the few things its missing which are small items but seem to be difficult to find...

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed, its def cool to have a Forward seat. Most you see for sale are AFT marked. I noticed one thing, the risers are from a Navy seat or it was missing the riser Koch fittings and someone added the USN type. The USAF riser Koch fittings would be a male fitting whereas the USN are a female.

• 2 months later...

I think it is outrages what the Boeing store is selling those seats for (another one sells for $19,500), which are not in the best condition, incomplete, and the more expensive one with the wrong fittings (USN riser fittings instead of USAF even though it is a USAF seat. You can find seats that are a lot nicer on Ebay for a lot less than those.

I'm attaching a couple of pics of the USN MB Mk.7 seat that I have and which I will be selling soon.

post-206296-0-67067500-1544587675_thumb.jpg post-206296-0-54116300-1544587690_thumb.jpg

post-206296-0-59507400-1544587714_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

F-4phan - is the stand which your seat is on, an original US military stand used when maintaining the seat, or is it a custom made stand for display use?

Thanks!

I think it is outrages what the Boeing store is selling those seats for (another one sells for $19,500), which are not in the best condition, incomplete, and the more expensive one with the wrong fittings (USN riser fittings instead of USAF even though it is a USAF seat. You can find seats that are a lot nicer on Ebay for a lot less than those.

I'm attaching a couple of pics of the USN MB Mk.7 seat that I have and which I will be selling soon.

attachicon.gifFront com.jpg attachicon.gifIMG_0466 com.jpg

attachicon.gifRear com.jpg

• 2 months later...

Graffspee have you found the USAF harness fittings for the seat yet, how about a trade, your Navy fittings for a set of Navy ones.

Just signed on to this site and saw your post. I had not signed on in a while. If you have a set of USAF harness fittings I would be willing to do a trade. I am also looking for a Sear Key. I am missing one for the initiator on the lower right side of the seat,

• 3 years later...

Thread necrophilia but I also have just scored a Mk H7 seat from an F-4D rear cockpit, and am also seeking tech manuals, websites, anything to assist me in the CORRECT restoration and maintenance of the seat. Mine is also pretty complete but I don't have the chute (just the container) and (of course) the survival kit is empty.

Thanks in advance.IMG_0059.jpg.83439c7a3979994415bb1835e8f3e156.jpg