My "Long Lost" Pictures Found

usmce4

Way back in 1981 my house was robbed and most of my USMC and my Dad's US Army WWII stuff was in my jewelry box that was taken. (Inckuding my USMC issue Ka-Bar, medals, badges, dogtags etc).

Long story short I thought EVERYTHING was gone. Last week we needing a copy of our marriage certificate for legal stuff and in digging for it my wife found a whole envelope full of old pics - alot of them of a good-looking, full of pi$$ and vinegar young Marine named Art.

I'm just so tickled at finding them I can't resist posting some of them just to prove I WAS young once (dozens and dozens are still missing) I think these are ones I mailed home - that's why they were in a separate place.

Art

post-168413-0-21736200-1536376036_thumb.jpg

Great pictures, and damn bad that some puke stole the other things. So, you didn't say when were these pictures taken, and where. That would add something to your pictures.

Steve

Should have thought of that myself

Top 3 L to R Camp LeJeune NC '67?, Camp Geiger NC '63, Boot Camp, Parris Island SC '62

Next Row ?, Geiger '63, Lejeune (notpositive - I THINK '67)

Bottom Guantanamo Bay Cuba '63, Athens Greece '64

Thanks for the comments :)

Couple more..... I'm having a ball walking down memory lane - thought these were gone forever!! :)

Camp Geiger Infantry Training Regiment '63

Guantanamo Bay Cuba '63 (CB's made those fancy fighting positions for us)

post-168413-0-79242000-1536430054_thumb.jpg

post-168413-0-35167300-1536430072_thumb.jpg

Couple more..... I'm having a ball walking down memory lane - thought these were gone forever!! :)

Camp Geiger Infantry Training Regiment '63

Guantanamo Bay Cuba '63 (CB's made those fancy fighting positions for us)

I wasn't stationed permanently at Gitmo. The Marines who were there thru the Missile Crisis in '62 finally got a break and caught 30 days stateside leave when it was over and my company was sent over there to fill in while they were gone. It actually was good duty. There was a beautiful beach on the base and special services had all the equipment for skin diving - we had many a cook-out with freshly speared fish. And there was always Main gate Lucy getting in past the guards at the gate for a freebie. And Ruben the Cuban always managed to get Rum to us for a carton of Luckys or Camels. (Cost us ONE DOLLAR a carton at the PX)

Art