Can you please help ID this DUI? Lightning bolt w/ 2 Radar Dishes

awmartin

I've had this unit insignia but haven't been able to identify it. It has a lightning bolt with 2 satellite/radar dishes on either side all inside a wreath. The entire pin is gold tone and has a Meyer shield on the back.

Does anyone know what unit this signifies and the age of this?

Thank you!

post-8778-0-00500400-1536112209.jpg

post-8778-0-65901500-1536112215.jpg

Hmm interesting, no idea I'm sorry to say, it could be for a military school 's tech depart/course or something. or even a foreign army or para military, specially, a Latin American Army or Para Military, believe it or not NS Meyer made insignia for these Friendly Nation Army's back in the day.

Seeing it's a single Meyer shield, this would date from the late 40s to 1954, after which Meyer adopts the new hallmark code, a double shield with the second shield containing an 9M, so would think these thingabobs are Radar rather than Satellite.

Yes, Meyer (and others) made metal insignia for civilian businesses, companies, etc., too. I think you nailed it w/ the satellite dishes and bolt and the fact it is not enameled. Maybe a anniversary pin for some private company?.

Yes, Meyer (and others) made metal insignia for civilian businesses, companies, etc., too. I think you nailed it w/ the satellite dishes and bolt and the fact it is not enameled. Maybe a anniversary pin for some private company?.

I would think they would have to be Radar Dishes considering the pre 1954 Meyer hallmark, and that Satellite Dishes weren't around as we know it till the late 70s.