P1912 Officer Dress Emblem Set

Clohesey

Recent addition to the collection. 1912 pattern Officer Dress Set. Matching, all three pieces marked sterling and 10k. Worn by an officer that served from 1936 to 1966.

Quite stunning in person. Apologies for the pictures. Best I can do with my phone.

Enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very beautiful set. I have the same set missing one collar piece that I found together in an antique store many years ago. While identical, my hat piece is H-H marked along with the silver and 10k marks. I do have a second cap piece that is marked like yours minus the H-H mark. So I believe yours is an early un marked H-H set so should date from mid to late twenties I believe. H-H started in 1926, and my theory is these un marked pieces were produced early in their period. The collar pieces are sometimes referred by some as "the dancing eagle" I think due to the appearance that the eagles are on their toes. Like mine, the collar pieces appear to have 10k spinners as well?? Nice addition to your collection to be sure. Kevin

Thanks for the reply Kevin. I too had suspected H&H to be the manufacturer. I’m not sure if the collar fasteners are 10k, they are marked 1-40 on one side, I’m assuming that may be a manufacture date of January 1940? They have the three prongs on the reverse and marked “The Victory Patented”. Probably just brass.

Posted Image

Posted Image

You snagged those I see. I was the buyer of most of his other stuff, trying to keep the group together. Got too expensive to grab these at the prices he was asking. In far better shape than the listing photos suggested. If you ever move them in the future, keep me in mind...as long as it's not too soon, I paid a bunch for the 15 lots I managed to get

Beautiful set

Thank you Brig. Glad to hear the rest went to a good home. Rather expensive indeed. After about a week of negotiations, I got them for $500 less than his asking price. Along with two other sets from Willocks estate.

I will keep you in mind, however I have the EGA bug and dont believe I will be letting go of them any time soon, if ever.

Here is the other dress set. The ODH Emblem is marked Silver. The ODC pair is marked with the N.S. Meyer Shield and marked sterling on both the eagle and the anchors.

43adee95d1fbe5c8e160bcd81176798c.jpg

And his service dress set. The pictures didnt not turn out very well on these. I will try setting up some lights and try again soon. The OSH emblem is unmarked. The OSC set is marked with the N.S. Meyer Shield.

bafc72798bc6838f09497d0779ecbf35.jpg

9a83876cf68079d826bbdebf891e09f1.jpg

Thanks for the reply Kevin. I too had suspected H&H to be the manufacturer. Im not sure if the collar fasteners are 10k, they are marked 1-40 on one side, Im assuming that may be a manufacture date of January 1940? They have the three prongs on the reverse and marked The Victory Patented. Probably just brass.

f2c8938a835b6ecb4d064a1db62e4553.jpg

3675abeeb0aa3eab457246230d5ede93.jpg

Different spinner than the one on mine. I think mine might be gold but it is un marked. I know the Victory marking is often connecting to spinners found on WWI vintage Ellis ega's but not sure about the 1-41. Very nice sets. Thanks for sharing.

I can't afford them any time soon, anyway. Just wanted to let it be known that his group did not go to the winds as it appeared. Sum of the parts sadly exceeds historical group value in this case. Glad to see you got them all though