Garth Thompson

vintageproductions

Such sad news. Garth was a real gentleman to deal with the hobby suffered a real loss with his passing. Thoughts and prayers with his family.

Another friend and forum member told me about Garth’s passing and I am just floored. I visited Garth fairly often while assigned as a reservist to Sector Lower Mississippi River in Memphis. Always loved visiting with him and KT, though it was really just me and Garth talking about the Coast Guard and drinking coffee. He will be missed.

I am so sorry to hear of this. I only had a few encounters with Garth but he was a stand-up and incredibly knowledgeable guy who was always friendly and amiable to me. God bless him and his family I am so sorry to hear of this.

I have lost a good friend in Garth and am grief-stricken to know of his passing. Garth and I have been friends since the old AOL Militaria Message boards and I always looked forward to seeing Garth and Bruce at the shows. Bruce was a true gentleman and a scholar. He was also a hero having served as a Marine in Vietnam and as a Coast Guard helicopter pilot. Many men and women LITERALLY owe their lives to Garth Thompson. His focus, bravery, and never quit attitude were what made him a legend.

My sincere condolences go out to his wife KT, the Thompson family, to Bruce, Mike K, and others who were close to him. We grieve together.

Allan

Absolutely shocked. Have known this gentleman for 30 years and consider him a friend. As everyone has mentioned his knowledge was the highest and his candor and honesty was always welcome. Just learned of his passing 5 min ago so it is not fully set in. Leaving for ASMIC and expected to see him and enjoy his company. He will be missed. Taken too soon and will always be remembered. Your friend Mort

Wow....this is indeed sad news. I didn't have many interactions with Garth but I read his posts and comments diligently. What a loss to his family and to this community.

This is shocking and sad news, and my condolences to his family. I aways considered Garth to be a friend and his table was always a great place to hang out at the SoS.

He will definitely be missed.

Here's a photo of Garth and his lovely wife KT. I always teased Garth about being grumpy, but anytime he even mentioned KT, a smile would come over his face.

God bless you Garth!

Allan

post-151-0-70356100-1536016091_thumb.jpg

So sorry to hear this. Prayers for Garth and his family. Had done a few deals with him and he was always a good guy to do biz with Also enjoyed his forum contributions. Truly a sad loss. RIP Garth

Terribly sad news at the passing of a decent bloke. I had the pleasure of meeting Garth at the SoS and he was kind enough to provide some collecting advice that was greatly appreciated.

RIP mate. The collecting community will greatly miss your wealth of knowledge.

Paul

I’m so sad to hear this. I had corresponded with Garth through the forum for many years. I finally had a chance to meet him at the last SOS and it was a real pleasure. I had hoped to see him again today at the ASMIC convention in Dayton.

He was a real straight shooter and honest as the day is long. He will be missed.