Garth Thompson

vintageproductions

vintageproductions

Very sad to posts this information but received a email this morning from Mike Kelso, that Garth has passed away.

If you didn't know Garth personally that is a shame as he was a great person and someone I always looked forward to seeing whenever I was at a show because he had an incredible sense of humor and was very knowledgeable on various subjects. He was also one of our moderators and was the executive secretary for ASMIC.

Below is from Mike:

Guys, it is with great sadness to inform you Garth passed away early this morning. I was on my way to the hospital in Memphis when his wife KT called.

Garth was diagnosed with liver cancer three weeks ago and went into renal failure yesterday. There is much to acknowledge but suffice to say I have lost a close friend. We as a collecting community have lost a most knowledgeable collector.

I'm really sad to here of Garth's passing. He was wealth of knowledge and always eager to share it. Rest in peace Garth and my condolences to his family. He will truly be missed.

Garth was a Vietnam Veteran, a retired Airline Pilot and a good friend. He added much to our local Memphis collectors group. Prayers for KT and the family.

RIP Garth.

Ronnie

I just heard the very Sad news that one of the greatest Collectors I ever knew passed away Garth Thompson.I want to send Mrs. Thompson and all of the rest of the Thompson Family my Heartfelt Condolences on the passing of Garth a long time friend.And May God Hold Him In The Palm Of His Hand RIP buddy.Scotty

I never met him, but I bought a medal from him on ebay. From my limited interaction he was a gentleman. RIP and condolences to his family.