Rest in Peace Senator John McCain

Rakkasan187

It was just announced that Senator John McCain has passed away. He was 81 yrs old and had terminal brain cancer.

Senator McCain became a POW in October 1967 when his plane was shot down. He was a Prisoner of War in North Vietnam for over 5 years..

Rest in Peace Senator..

You are a hero in my book..

Leigh

Senator John McCain will be missed. He was a fighter for what he believed in until the end. It is a sad day for this country.

R.I.P.

A true American hero and patriot. The amount of respect and admiration he earned, regardless of ones politics, says a lot about the man and the life he lived. RIP.

R.I.P. Senator McCain. Whether you liked him or not he was a true servant to our nation. He will be missed. Condolences to the McCain family. Semper Fi.........Bob

Kurt Barickman

A good and honorable man, who stood tall among the pygmies of Washington.

Our country mourns the loss of a real leader in both Congress and combat. I rarely talk on this specific part of our Forum but he truly was one of my personal USN heroes. He will truly be missed in the mess that is now our federal government. God bless him and his family.

Kurt Barickman

suwanneetrader

R.I.P Politics aside a REAL MAN I did not always agree with him but I believe he only said and did what he in his heart felt was right and best for America. Richard

uniformcollector

Rest in peace Senator. I never had the honor of meeting him, but recall talking to POW Lt. Col. Donald Digger O'Dell about his time with him for quite some time. He was a hero among heroes. We lost one of the great ones today.

A man of courage & conviction who stood up against torture & repression.

He lived a life of honor.

Reposez en paix Monsieur le Sénateur...

In honor of Senator McCain and his service & impact on me and this great country, Im sharing selected quotes from him with my Group and Team Leaders at my daily leader meeting.

A man of strength, fortitude, courage and conviction. A man who loved his country, family, and fellow man. He will be missed. RIP Senator McCain. God Speed.

A brave man on many fronts who showed us all how to stand for our convictions. Our country is richer for the lives and example of such men and women. Rest in peace.

Catfishcraig

Being a native to Arizona and looking up to Senator McCain most of my life I found his death being very emotional. I did not always agree with his stance on politics but I never questioned his integrity or character. I cant imagine what he went through as a prisoner or war for 5 year but admired him for what he did with his life afterward. Our state and county will miss him. I hesitated posting on this thread as I did not know what to say or how to react in words but this article that I read this morning helped. I only hope to have half the character of Senator McCain.

John McCain's letter to a future Navy pilot arrived two days after his death. Here's what he told him.

USA TODAY

Sen. John McCain, graduated from the Naval Academy in 1958, retired in 1981 as a U.S. Navy captain. He often sent letters to those stationed at Luke. Read the full story

https://apple.news/AQ353rwSMSAiGbX2pAbyhKQ

RIP but not a fan of some of his political decisions. Echo above sentiment that I could not imagine his suffering in Vietnam nor did I doubt his integrity.