Vietnam captured sks

Blu1989

I was helping a friend of mine out at a gun show this past weekend when a younger guy came in to sell some guns his grandfather owned but didn't want anymore. Most were older shotguns and a couple of older hunting rifles but this sks stood out to me. I asked about it and the guy said that his grandfather brought it back from Vietnam, though any history as to where and when it wad captured was a mystery as apparently the grandfather never talked about the war much. Anyway we talked a bit about it and after a while we came to an agreeable price on it that made both parties happy. I've been wanting one of these for a while to replace the one my dad brought back from Vietnam but then sold in the 90s when I was a kid. The stock carvings were what made it really special to me but I can't figure out if the unit was the 12th Infantry Regiment or the 12th Cavalry. Either way this rifle is a great piece to have in my collection and makes rifle number four in my Vietnam capture display. I hope you guys like it as much as I do.

post-159863-0-79190200-1535163109_thumb.jpeg

post-159863-0-45731500-1535163121.jpeg

post-159863-0-87394900-1535163134.jpeg

USCapturephotos

Nice find and I especially like the carving on the stock. I have a few Vietnam bring backs, but have yet to find one of these. Thanks for sharing.

Paul