50's McCord chinstrap clips

pawtwo

I found these clips on a Vietnam era helmet. Shell is 50s McCord in earlier shade of paint that is quite well preserved. Buckle is black and marked witch an Anchor like usuall. I haven't found any info on this marking on clips.

This marking resembles a little wwII style United Carr logo that was on DOT snaps advertisements.

Have you ever seen these before?

Clips are blackened steel. And yes, they are a little abused as I changed the chinstraps but I left original clips.

post-162935-0-70936100-1535054134_thumb.jpg

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Never seen that as far as I can recall, does it have the pre 1966 short tabs or post 1966 long tabs?

If you mean tabs that hold chinstrap clip together these looks shorter but it's mainly due to me opening and closing them with pliers.

I have one track that these clips might be Australian as I've seen one Aussie M1 with auscam cover and clip marked that way. But I'm not sure as Australians used lots of US made helmets and spare parts and not all of them have the same clips.

All other parts that came with helmet were of US origin. It might be the case that somebody just had these clips and used them to put the helmet together, but who knows.