Help w/USAF patch mottoes

Bluehawk

Having trouble pinning down ID of recent acquisitions of USAF patches having mottoes not found in my DoD list.

Any guidance would be appreciated as to which units they belong:

"Tutor Et Ultor" (5 stars, winged helmet, lightning bolt, cloud)

"Operari Evaluer" (4 "darts" and 4 stars over cactus against mountain)

"Courtesy Care Compassion" (Mountain, leafy branches, red cross with caduceus)

"Audentes Fortuna Juvat" (4 "darts" with Fleur de Lis in shield on triangle)

"Return with Honor" (Shield with flying Griffon upper right)

"Eagle Keeper" (F-18 in flight with large eagle head)

"Any Time Any Place" (Sword, oil lamp, wings on shield)

Bluehawk, "Return with Honor" is the 31st Fighter Wing. One of my favorite patches that I had when I was a kid!

http://www.aviano.af.mil/library/factsheet...eet.asp?id=4350

BTW, just found an interesting reference on USAF Combat Wings that I hadn't seen before. http://books.google.com/books?id=v-T1QQNhN...result#PPP15,M1

Thanks Beast... and, I'll add your combat wings reference to our Air Force SSI thread...

"Tutor Et Ultor" - 49th Wing

"Operari Evaluer" - Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center Detachment 5

"Courtesy Care Compassion" - USAF Regional Medical Center Clark

"Audentes Fortuna Juvat" - 366th Wing

"Any Time Any Place" - 1st Special Operations Wing

If you don't already know, you can search the USAFPatches web site patch gallery. You can search by unit designation, inscription, base etc.

Bluehawk,

With further research I believe you will find that the "Any Time Any Place" - 1st Special Operations Wing patch could also be the 16th Special Operations Wing, just depends on what era the patch is.

Dave

Bluehawk,

With further research I believe you will find that the "Any Time Any Place" - 1st Special Operations Wing patch could also be the 16th Special Operations Wing, just depends on what era the patch is.

Dave

Thanks Dave... I'll check into that. The patch is subdued but appears to be fairly new/unused.

I'll have to see if there was any kind of change in the heraldry since Vietnam, now that you mention it.

Bluehawk,

Dave

Bluehawk,

The same is true with the 49th Wing and 366th Wing. Depending on the era, these could be Wing, Fighter Wing or Tactical Fighter Wing.

Scott

Bluehawk,

The same is true with the 49th Wing and 366th Wing. Depending on the era, these could be Wing, Fighter Wing or Tactical Fighter Wing.

Scott

Maybe USAFpatches is back up by now, so I'll go there and see if it can be sorted out.

The 366th example I have had been machine sewn on, and has a white cotton(?) backing.

The 49th version has a back very similar to my 1st (or) 16th Spec Ops Wing, not adhesive.