"Hollywood" shoulder patches?

willysmb44

A update on A Bell for Adano, out of curiosity I went looking for images of the December 1944 Broadway Play, and found a few of Fredric March who played the roll on stage that Hodiak would play in the movie, seems the patch was not worn, only in the movie and the 1967 T.V. Hallmark Hall of Fame revival.

These are the images from the play, these are Getty, with a couple or more from the movie thrown in, you'll see William Bendix here too, one where he's wearing the patch and one where he's not, that's because he was in both the stage and the movie. Normally we try to avoid the Getty in posting right, so check it out yo.

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/a-bell-for-adano?family=editorial&sort=mostpopular&phrase=a%20bell%20for%20adano

Whoaho, found another fake patch for a different unit from A Bell for Adano movie.

Look here, unfortunately it's a image similar to Getty so I'll just post the page link, patch as you'll see is a cross between a 37th Inf Div, I Corps or Army Ground Forces Replacement Depot,, take your pick :)

https://www.shutterstock.com/editorial/image-editorial/a-bell-for-adano-1945-5874533c

And on Harry Morgan. Click on Harry for the enlarged view

https://www.alamy.com/a-bell-for-adano-image68050938.html

And one more of Hodiak, ( I guess more and more images from the movie have been released since I first went looking in 2011 LOL) looks even more like a machine embroidered on wool in this image, we can see what probably is a mesh gauze backing along the edge.

MV5BNTMyM2FlOTEtMjdmMC00MjI3LThkYzQtMmYx

Here's one from the 1942 movie "Eagle Squadron" by Paramount pictures. A movie filmed during the war that the real Eagle Squadron members were invited to at the London premier. Starring Robert Stack, Eddie Albert, Diana Barrymore and Nigel Bruce. The Battledress/Costume was worn in the movie by Actor Howard Banks. I have another worn by Actor Lee Bennett.

post-23999-0-26069100-1568679796.jpg[attachment post-23999-0-84353000-1568679814.jpgpost-23999-0-33148500-1568679831.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here from Cobra Kai Season 02 Ep.01 "Mercy" the Sensei Kreese ( Martin Kove ) worn a ripstop jungle jacket with the Big Red One on left shoulder B)

post-162492-0-87464400-1569525526.jpg

post-162492-0-22700300-1569525552_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Just found another Phony Hollywood patch in my travels. Was looking at movies Carl Alfalfa Switzer was in, and seen this movie he had a small credited role in, a Korean War era one called Flight Nurse from 1953, can say never heard of this one, so I hit the old Google images of it and spotted this one still from it of a Phony USAAF Shoulder Patch, Shoulder Patches still being worn during the Korean War to a great degree. It's the only good image I can find of it, as we see it has some kind of Beams of Sun or something with some kind of circles and stuff with what looks to be the Air Corps Star with Red Disc, hard to see I know, even ZOOMing in doesn't make it look much clearer, still it is heretofore first find of one more made up unit shoulder patch in a period post WWII movie.

post-34986-0-57881500-1571960020.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_Nurse_(film)

And one more where the patch is seen, even less clear regrettably.

FlightNurseStill1.jpg

Just found another Phony Hollywood patch in my travels. Was looking at movies Carl Alfalfa Switzer was in, and seen this movie he had a small credited role in, a Korean War era one called Flight Nurse from 1953, can say never heard of this one, so I hit the old Google images of it and spotted this one still from it of a Phony USAAF Shoulder Patch, Shoulder Patches still being worn during the Korean War to a great degree. It's the only good image I can find of it, as we see it has some kind of Beams of Sun or something with some kind of circles and stuff with what looks to be the Air Corps Star with Red Disc, hard to see I know, even ZOOMing in doesn't make it look much clearer, still it is heretofore first find of one more made up unit shoulder patch in a period post WWII movie.

attachicon.gifhault.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_Nurse_(film)

And one more where the patch is seen, even less clear regrettably.

FlightNurseStill1.jpg

Looks like a 5th AAF to me

Yes it does hey patches you need glasses. Lol

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Wow, you both are right, really looked off, still great photo.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Found another Modified dummy 28th Division patch in use, this on Jim Hutton in a 1962 movie we never heard of, The Horizontal Lieutenant, Paula Prentiss Co-Stars.

images.jpg

• 11 months later...
Just now, patches said:

Found the patch worn as an organizational one by Colonel Kerby in Taps, it's up if anyone is interested on Bil Wise's Soldierstrunk

colonel kerby 3.PNG

colonel kerby.jpg

colonel kerby 2 157th inf bde.jpg

colonel kerby 4.PNG

• 2 months later...

Some kind of Doctored Berlin Brigade patch, has a White Disc or something on it, patch may be real one German made with a White Border or Silver Bullion Border, but I choose to post it here as its clearly dummied up. It's from an episode of the T.V. Show Hazel of all things LOL, episode airing October 24 1964 Welcome Back, Kevin. .

hazel welcome back kevin close up.PNG

hazel welcome back kevin oct 24 1964.PNG

• 3 weeks later...

This is from the 1969 movie Castle Keep, Burt Lancaster's character Major Abraham Falconer wears a dummy patch we see, III on it .

castle keep.PNG

• 9 months later...

Found several great Stills where the MAAG patch and MAAG VIETNAM Tab are seen in Go Tell The Spartans.

go telh.PNG

go telllg.PNG

go tello.PNG

go telk.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Adolph Caesar as Master Sergeant Vernon Waters wearing the made up shoulder patch for the fictitious 221st Chemical Smoke Generator Battalion in A Soldier's Story.

soldier.PNG221.PNG.015d1fc59860a6ebdeb81a4972761dae.PNG