"Hollywood" shoulder patches?

willysmb44

Buck Rogers and The original Buck Rogers!! Gill Gerard and Buster Keaton (6th ACR).

Buster Keaton was also the original Flash Gordon.

Think the image has been flipped? Or could it be a theatre made reversed horse rampant?

Phill

Yes, most likely a reversed image. Notice Gil Gerard is holding his pistol in his left hand. Not unheard of, but also indicative that the image was flipped. Here is another photo from the same scene/photoshoot showing both actors holding their pistols in their right hands and the 6th ACR patch oriented properly.

post-1761-0-08442000-1552918840_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
BILL THE PATCH

It's even got the wood handle to carry it. What movie is that from? Looks like a stinker

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

firefighter

What the hell kind weapon is that LOL, a 1919 MG barrel affixed to a M1 Thompson receiver???

613fe5845a1b64c93c8be1c1192b53c7.jpg

Yeah. I forgot to mention the Thompson with the picture. It was a goofy movie. The unit discovers a space craft that the Nazis found. Takes place in 1944 Italy.

Yeah. I forgot to mention the Thompson with the picture. It was a goofy movie. The unit discovers a space craft that the Nazis found. Takes place in 1944 Italy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Salvage Sailor

I was watching "Is Paris Burning?" (1965) which is now running free on Amazon Prime and noticed this patch. I've seen this movie multiple times and the overall the producers are very accurate with their details (1st Army, 4th Division, 2nd French Armored, German militaria, etc).......

But what the heck is Glenn Ford wearing in his portrayal of General Omar Bradley? If this is a real patch, it's not one I'm familiar with.

Is Paris Burning 002.JPG

Is Paris Burning 003.JPG

I was watching "Is Paris Burning?" (1965) which is now running free on Amazon Prime and noticed this patch. I've seen this movie multiple times and the overall the producers are very accurate with their details (1st Army, 4th Division, 2nd French Armored, German militaria, etc).......

But what the heck is Glenn Ford wearing in his portrayal of General Omar Bradley? If this is a real patch, it's not one I'm familiar with.

Those are great Still Captures Savage, been trying to find there for a awhile now, that patch is the Post War Veterans Administration shouldee patch. In another still he's wearing a 1st Army patch, one in the field LOL

Salvage Sailor

Thanks for the ID. Now I'm wondering if the producers managed to acquire one of Bradley's post war uniforms for the wardrobe department.

Thanks for the ID. Now I'm wondering if the producers managed to acquire one of Bradley's post war uniforms for the wardrobe department.

Interesting theory.

Here's Ford wearing the 1st Army patch, from that well know site where you have to pay for the image.

https://www.alamy.com/original-film-title-paris-brule-t-il-english-title-is-paris-burning-film-director-rene-clement-year-1966-stars-glenn-ford-credit-seven-arts-album-image208346035.html

• 2 weeks later...
firefighter

Not a patch or medal. But this is from the show PREACHER. It's an airline pilot wearing an Army Warrant Officer cap badge.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not a patch or medal. But this is from the show PREACHER. It's an airline pilot wearing an Army Warrant Officer cap badge.cd6d1051ebe6824d94d1b888ad421757.jpga7cd96020767ad505721685c336b095d.jpgd4f1e825b60aace9250c2d02a3ea0e17.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not a patch or medal. But this is from the show PREACHER. It's an airline pilot wearing an Army Warrant Officer cap badge.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

with scrambled eggs no less.

• 3 weeks later...

Wrong topic FF, these are legit patches, posted at least one of these in this one, but these are great additions..

See post #310

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/145197-hollywood-patches-2/page-13

There are pictures of of other ‘legit’ patches shown here. Are you saying this is only for Hollywood made, fantasy type, patches?

There are pictures of of other ‘legit’ patches shown here. Are you saying this is only for Hollywood made, fantasy type, patches?

Yes, willysmb started this one on the phony made up ones, I started the one where legit unit patches are worn as a compliment to this one.

Yes, willysmb started this one on the phony made up ones, I started the one where legit unit patches are worn as a compliment to this one.

No problem. But did you ding anyone else or think of changing the title, not just HOLLYWOOD PATCHES #2. Maybe made 4 Hollywood patches & Legit units worn in Hollywood?

No problem. But did you ding anyone else or think of changing the title, not just HOLLYWOOD PATCHES #2. Maybe made 4 Hollywood patches & Legit units worn in Hollywood?

Nah I just gave the topic outline in the first post I made, and everyone followed suit.

• 2 weeks later...

Nah I just gave the topic outline in the first post I made, and everyone followed suit.

Just to clarify more FF, willysmb44 started this topic in way back in early December 2008, by the time I came into this topic with contributions was November 2011 with the fake 45th Inf Div patch made for the WWII Wartime Broadway play and film Bell for Adano (Finally took a screenshot of the image of the page I posted, didn't know how to do that back then, hell I didn't know how to type really :lol:)

So seeing that this topic included only fake made up patches based sometimes on real ones, or outright fantasy ones, I decided a little over 6 months later to start a topic where only real ones are seen, and these are legion over the years, seen not only in Movies, but T.V. and in some cases on the Broadway Stage. When I started the topic I made a point about what the topic will be for, to wit.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

I thought this might be a fun topic, unlike willysbm44 popular earlier topic on faux, phony, or goof ball Hollywood military patches that were found, this one we can show shoulder patches for legitimate units that were represented in the various War and Historical films down through the years.

First up, the 12th Air Force as worn by Frankie, in the 1965 movie Von Ryans Express.

YOU'LL HAVE YOUR IRON CROSS NOW VON RYAN !

post-34986-1338656600.jpg

This faux 45th Inf Div worn in Bell for Adano, a WWII play and later movie made during the war.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=bell+for+ad...x=104&ty=53

*Close the small window to see the full clear photo beneath it.

A couple of photo updates For the made up Thunderbirds patch .

Here's a close up screen shot of the patch of John Hodiak, and one with a portrait of John Hodiak as Major Joppolo

interesting to know who made the patch, is it just like a the fully embroidered type of the day ? Kinda though looks like it's machine embroidered on wool, with what probably is a yellow inner border, hard to tell, like did one of the NYC based insignia makers get a special request to make these for the Broadway play and subsequent movie?

post-34986-0-92796600-1568510552.jpg

A couple of photo updates For the made up Thunderbirds patch .

Here's a close up screen shot of the patch of John Hodiak, and one with a portrait of John Hodiak as Major Joppolo

interesting to know who made the patch, is is it just like a the fully embroidered type of the day ? Kinda though looks like it's machine embroidered on wool, with what probably is a yellow inner border, hard to tell, like did one of the NYC based insignia makers get a special request to make these for the Broadway play and subsequent mov

attachicon.gifA bell.jpg

post-34986-0-08080600-1568510741_thumb.png