MOdern Camo pants....

doyler

Picked these up and not being well versed in Modern Camo Im not sure what they are.

Have seen some of the CRYE type in the past that have the knee pad pockets

This set has had the left one intentionally removed.

Im guessing this may have been done due to the wearer being right hand shooter and woul use the right knee to kneel on.

Also appears these were SF worn or issue/

I see the ODA designation etc on them.

Anyway any insight or added information is greatly appreciated

Thanks

RD

post-342-0-19177800-1534651384_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-44270300-1534651400_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-94544700-1534651411_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Saw referance to ODA-2055 as parf 20th SFG Alabama NG

Found more on that: It's the A-Team ODA number (Operational Detachments-A) for the 20th SFG, B Co, 2nd Btn, ODA-2055

Found more on that: It's the A-Team ODA number (Operational Detachments-A) for the 20th SFG, B Co, 2nd Btn, ODA-2055

Yes the chart showed a break down for both the 19th and 20th with many of the Team numbers.

Havent looked into where they were deployed or when

The gen 1 and pre gen 1 are fairly rare I think so maybe a bit. Plus yours are unit marked. I think your ones have had the cordura belt loops added. Ill get these pics.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Yes these are not the original belt loops, the originals are much smaller. Very interesting and desirable IMO.

Yes the chart showed a break down for both the 19th and 20th with many of the Team numbers.

Havent looked into where they were deployed or when

I was in Afghanistan with the 20th SFG in 2003. I was actually part of the 19th SFG but our battalion (5/19) was mobilized for OEF II. Our higher headquarters (The Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force - Afghanistan or CJSOTF-A) at that time was commanded by the 20th SFG commander. We had both 19th and 20th SFG units there at the time.

SF units were often sent "piecemeal" to the various deployment areas, so there would be a patchwork of units - you might have active duty SF ODAs and National Guard ODAs working in the same area at the same time, and headquarters would have a mix of both active and NG personnel.

I was in Afghanistan with the 20th SFG in 2003. I was actually part of the 19th SFG but our battalion (5/19) was mobilized for OEF II. Our higher headquarters (The Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force - Afghanistan or CJSOTF-A) at that time was commanded by the 20th SFG commander. We had both 19th and 20th SFG units there at the time.

SF units were often sent "piecemeal" to the various deployment areas, so there would be a patchwork of units - you might have active duty SF ODAs and National Guard ODAs working in the same area at the same time, and headquarters would have a mix of both active and NG personnel.

Thanks Martin great info.Really appreciate the insignt

I was thinking there was a mix of both during deployments or to fill in gaps or use a unit if and where needed.

Seeing SF and other Special Operations Forces they seem deployed at times all of from Aftica,SWA,and all points in between

• 1 month later...