WW I Patriotic & Propaganda Postcards

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This and the following card, are two of a whole slew of French postcards showing faux American Doughboys wearing British field service uniforms. I've often wondered if the white number in the lower right hand corner indicates the design number of each card in this series.

post-5143-0-09409600-1585587823_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mikie, because I was a combination of both busy and lazy, I missed a couple of weeks. Still a ;ot more cards to post though. Boy, these postcards just don't ever seem to stop showing up.

One from the 1917 patent dated "Service Flag" series. Although the cards don't say, I think there's twelve designs in this series.

post-5143-0-39799800-1586131303_thumb.jpg

This card is the sixth design I've obtained from the "Comical Kaiser" series composed of twelve designs. I've been outbid on eBay on three of the missing designs, and I've yet to see what the remaining three designs look like.

I'd really like to get my hands on all twelve cards in this series. For some reason, the same five or six designs in this series keep turning up, while the missing designs never seem to turn up. They will eventually though.

post-5143-0-24016600-1586132265_thumb.jpg

It does seem a never ending supply of these things. Any idea of a running total of how many you've posted so far?

Mikie

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

This card is the sixth design I've obtained from the "Comical Kaiser" series composed of twelve designs. I've been outbid on eBay on three of the missing designs, and I've yet to see what the remaining three designs look like.

I'd really like to get my hands on all twelve cards in this series. For some reason, the same five or six designs in this series keep turning up, while the missing designs never seem to turn up. They will eventually though.

Sent

Sounds like when I was a kid trying to complete a bubblegum card collection. I'd find 95% of a set pretty fast, then have to buy about a thousand packs to find the last few. It was both gratifying and a little sad when I finally found the last one.

Mikie

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

You're right Mikie, it is sort of like collecting sports cards!

I'd estimate that I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000 different cards - give or take a hundred or so.

"Soldier Comics" ... Twelve designs, of which, I have, and have posted three.

post-5143-0-31702000-1586741217_thumb.jpg