Beerdragon's collection and new finds

beerdragon54

Its an interesting pic as he appears to be 126th Inf out of the Michigan National Guard. Lots of overseas stripes but no CIB? Maybe a band hat or possibly some version of the Michigan Military Academy? 126th was a unit that saw a huge amount of action so for an infantry soldier it seems odd to not see a CIB and his brass is clearly infantry.   Scott

easterneagle87

It's the symbol for Musician or Bandsman, I had a smiliar group of photos/snap shots of an AAF soldier wearing the same symbol. You should post this picture in the band puctureforum.

• 2 weeks later...

I was guessing the page on the left side where he talks about the crash was his crew that was captured and the rest were at the camp. I did a quick search when I bought it and found a few of the people on the right were POWs but no other info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That note now that I think of it might have went with the enlisted set that came with them. Excited!!

1 hour ago, beerdragon54 said:

Bought out a neat collection. Lots of stuff to share and sell.

Oh, share away! Would love to see pictures! 

Well, that's definitely a Jewish patch, for sure! That looks super cool! Is that a Great War or WWII jacket?

Super cool! I thought the fabric looked like it. I got a portion of a Great War jacket one time, and still have some of the fabric pieces! Prize possessions! I love having Great War fabric for patches, etc. It is amazing to have real yard goods (even if it is more like inch goods, after cutting around all the rips and moth holes!) :) 

Never seen this patch but it came with a Rome Airfield group and I think that’s what the initials are for in the bottom.7e4fce06c30c947be25f518f9607bef2.jpg
2729e92d7a0a9d8855202eefaa31cfc2.jpg

29 minutes ago, beerdragon54 said:

Never seen this patch but it came with a Rome Airfield group and I think that’s what the initials are for in the bottom.7e4fce06c30c947be25f518f9607bef2.jpg
2729e92d7a0a9d8855202eefaa31cfc2.jpg

Well, being the Air Transport Command . . . I suppose it was personalised? If I recall, there isn't usually anything in that spot. Really nice paint job on the patch, that's for sure!

6 minutes ago, beerdragon54 said:

3c40afd72676cf83f78426f51e76f932.jpg
Not sure what the patch is but it looks awesome!!

Just a guess but 8th army signal school, great patch btw. Nice Japanese made example