Postwar liners timeframes.

pawtwo

Hello,

There are many different informations around internet about postwar helmet liners and when they were produced. I'd like if you correct me if I'm wrong on all these dates.

- Korean war era made - first post wwII version with wwII style suspension made of HBT OD7 fabric, including insignia eyelet - 1951 - 1955

- second version - without insignia eyelet, with wwII style suspension made of thicker cotton fabric - 1955 - 1962

- third version - still made from resin impregnated cotton duck (wwII plastic), but with new modified suspension including T shaped neckband - 1963 - ?

- fourth version - made from ballistic nylon, same suspension as third version - 1964 - 1972

- fifth version - made of ballistic nylon with removable suspension 1972 - 1984

The one I'm most unsure is third version made still from resin impregnated cotton duck (wwII style plastic). Some say that it was made only in 1963. Others state that they were made from 1964 to 1969 simultaneously with ballistic nylon ones.

The one I'm most unsure is third version made still from resin impregnated cotton duck (wwII style plastic). Some say that it was made only in 1963. Others state that they were made from 1964 to 1969 simultaneously with ballistic nylon ones.

I have a near mint one that is clearly dated 1969 on the webbing. 'US 15' in the dome, no eyelet.

Why were two types of liners made from 1964 to 1969? It's quite long for transition period. Nylon liner was probably superior in terms of protection and weather resistance to cotton duck liner?