Two Type-99's and a Bayonet brought back by Navy vet

USdog

I just got these bring backs from the veterans daughter today.

Top rifle is a Nagoya 2nd Series, matching numbers, with intact mum and monopod.

Bottom rifle is a zero series Nagoya. Ground mum and missing some of the bells and whistles.

Bayonet is pretty nice with most of its original finish.

Veteran served on LST-857, seeing action at Okinawa. Later in Japan and Korea after the war in late 45/46.

The vets daughter did not know anything about his service since he didn’t talk about it, so no idea where he picked the stuff up.

Unfortunately I put a little too much into them, so I’ll probably end up selling one of the rifles, as much as I hate to do that. But thought I’d post the stuff together as it came.

Anyways, take a look and sorry for the bad quality pics!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love those Type 99's. It took forever for me to find my first one but I've run into them on and off since then. They are usually pretty reasonably priced. Are you talking about oiling the stocks (linseed oil) or the metal, or both? Since Type 99's are usually not terribly expensive I don't worry about putting a good wood restorer/preservative on the stocks and, of course oiling the metal parts. I don't think that diminishes their value.