Nice Dumpster Find

36thIDAlex

A good buddy of mine gave this to me after finding it in the dumpster of his workplace—a children’s arcade. It’s a very nice 1989 dated PASGT. Everything on it seems to be in good shape but there are a fair amount of scratches on the shell that make me wonder if it saw some use. The only thing we possibly could have guessed is that it came from an FBI building a few blocks down but who can say, I’m no expert on the modern stuff so if there is anything anyone knows feel free to share.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Very nice, this one is actually dated 1990. 1989 was the year the contract was awarded. The date is marked in the crown. If there are multiple dates it means the mold was used for multiple years, use the high number/most recent date.

Yours is still in it's original set up.

Very nice, this one is actually dated 1990. 1989 was the year the contract was awarded. The date is marked in the crown. If there are multiple dates it means the mold was used for multiple years, use the high number/most recent date.

Yours is still in it's original set up.

Thanks for the info, what exactly do you mean by original set up? Were they messed with often?

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Thanks for the info, what exactly do you mean by original set up? Were they messed with often?

In 1997 a new suspension was released. The suspension and the sweatband band were taller and the sweatband attached to the suspension using velcro, not metal clips. Many PASGTs made in the 80s and 90s were upgraded to it. The majority of my unmessed-with GWOT PASGTs are pre-97 made helmets with the new suspension.

edit: to clarify, your has the first style of suspension and sweatband, the style it would have originally came from the factory with.

Wow and in such fabulous condition, clean interior, basically like an unissued item, not a dog at all one might except of something like this that was simply thrown away in the garbage!

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Wow and in such fabulous condition, clean interior, basically like an unissued item, not a dog at all one might except of something like this that was simply thrown away in the garbage!

Since it is an obsolete design and far past the degradation point of kevlar, if it is from the FBI it makes sense why they would throw it out.