Another insane eBay sale- Italian made 36th ID patch

36thIDAlex

Alright guys here’s another one for the books. So my g grandfather in the 36th brought back one of these patches so I decided to keep an eye on this auction just to see what happened, as I haven’t seen them come up often. I’m still not sure what happened but I am fairly certain this might be a little over their typical value, any thoughts?

Also the listing has this as German made but I was always told this was an Italian weave probably made for field jackets.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

BILL THE PATCH

The 36th Italian made is very hard to come across, and agreed way to much but if someone needef it to complete a set of Italian made patches then yeah it's worth it. JMHO

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Whoever got the 275 BIN can thank (or hate) me. I'm sure that patch was a second in someone's collection who saw an op to jump. Frankly I was surprised it sold for the price I got it, as I figured it would go to $500+. Being titled incorrectly may have helped me. I've been looking for this patch for a long time, and I'm glad I got it. Yes, I agree the price is INSANE, for a standard Army ID patch. Ponder this.....I've seen at least six FSSF sell in the last few years in the $450 range. I haven't seen a single 36th in the same time frame. Maybe it's time for me to hit an ASMIC show, and hopefully save some $.

Iron Bender,

Good point. For all of us who see this and think that sold for too much, how many comparable sales of the same patch have happened on the open market that we can point to? Probably zero in the past year or more. These are not common. I know I paid far less for mine, but I also probably got lucky. Completing a set of these is no small task.

I picked mine up a few years back for $125.00. 10+ years maybe. Good price now and must have been good then too. Nice addition to your collection! Getting all of the Italian made patches (like this construction) is getting harder to do. Passed on an Armor one and I am still kicking myself!

I can understand the price for this rather scarce 36th Div patch as opposed to the far more common 101st Airborne Div patches (e.g., greenback's, all the insane collector-labeled "types", etc) that frequently sell for 3 figures.

Thanks everyone for the input, I hope I didnt offend, I guess I just didnt know what I had. Now that I think of it Ive never personally seen another weave of this type anywhere Ive been. I had just been told that these usually sold for much less. It truly is a great patch and just makes me appreciate the things he brought back even more!

It really is an awesome addition Ironbender, a great piece for any collection.

I can understand the price for this rather scarce 36th Div patch as opposed to the far more common 101st Airborne Div patches (e.g., greenback's, all the insane collector-labeled "types", etc) that frequently sell for 3 figures.

Agreed...assembling a Italian made woven set is no easy task.

the 101sts are everyday buyable patches

Price crazy...maybe @ $800 would be crazy but if a buyer is only going to splurge on one to complete a set the price at $400 or below seems realistic to complete a set.