Searching for a picture of James A. Wells

DirkvandenBol

DirkvandenBol

Hello all,

I came across a topic during my search for a picture of Staff Sergeant James A. Wells, a member of the 16th Inf. Reg. who received a DSC for his actions on Omaha Beach, June 6 1944. I have adopted his grave on Henri-Chapelle, Belgium and trying to find more information about him and a picture.

Hopefully someone can help with my search:)

Thank you!

Well, pictures of servicemen from WV are often tougher than some others. :) However, here is some other info, in case you don't have it already.

https://army.togetherweserved.com/army/servlet/tws.webapp.WebApp?cmd=ShadowBoxProfile&type=Person&ID=356300

His Citation:

post-151812-0-72160100-1533901694_thumb.jpg

Interment record:

post-151812-0-06583300-1533901718_thumb.jpg

Stratas fan, got it. the Citation above I believe earned him the DSC. Born 22 Sept 1919 KIA 18 Nov 1944. from Pleasants Co, West Virginia. SSgt. James Arthur Wells

I commend the people of Belgium for there dedication too the American soldiers sacrifice of the World Wars. The maintaining of the cemeteries of the fallen. "God Bless and Rest in Peace"

"Thank you again to the people of Belgium for Remembering"

Hello O/P, I will check my 16th Infantry files & publications for any photos of him. It may take me a few days as a great many of my books are still in my garage, in big bins. If I do get lucky, I'll get back to you ASAP. Good Luck,

Best, dpast32

DirkvandenBol

Hello all above,

Thank you all for your quick responses. And dpast32 thank you for checking out your files and publications, I'm really looking forward to your findings.

With kind regards,

Dirk van den Bol