strange coat dated 1941

Rogerdean

hi

my friend got this coat in a old house in France ,can't say what it is ,can someone tell me what kind of coat it is? thanks for your help

regards Roger

2elvw9c.jpg

2nan3oo.jpg

etd53t.jpg

Type or jacket designation could be above where the manufacturers name is on the tag.....Has a pre-war (1939) specification date, along with a 1941 pattern date.....Possibly an item that was proven to be unpopular or difficult to manufacture in quantity, and was discontinued....Bodes

Type or jacket designation could be above where the manufacturers name is on the tag.....Has a pre-war (1939) specification date, along with a 1941 pattern date.....Possibly an item that was proven to be unpopular or difficult to manufacture in quantity, and was discontinued....Bodes

Looking at it again, it seems I remember seeing Eisenhower wearing one quite similar.....Bodes

pararaftanr2

Iron bender is correct. It appears to be a short overcoat, which was part of the Civilian Conservation Corp uniform, and was issued in 1939.

The coat Eisenhower is sometimes seen wearing is the Regulation Army Officer's Short Overcoat which was similar in length, but different in details and color.

Regards, Paul

post-9787-0-24926200-1533763930.jpg

post-9787-0-05248800-1533764541.jpg