16 year-old girl's collection

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, thank you I have spent quite a bit of time researching him and hadn't found that.

Currently looking for K.I.A. Purple Hearts and Identified groupings to Nebraska and Wyoming veterans.

donation2019.gif

Just one great collection and lovely display. Wish my sons would be that interested....

Greetings from the Bulge, which is where I am right now

Guy

I welcome anything on US Army WW2 Railway Operating Bn, especially the 712th.

Researching visits of USS Niagara and USS Sacramento summer of 1864 in Antwerp.

Willys jeep CJ3 1952 - Dodge WC 52  1944

• 4 weeks later...

Incredible collection! I’m very impressed! Do you have any WW1 40th ID items?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't sadly, I wish one would pop up in my price range.

Currently looking for K.I.A. Purple Hearts and Identified groupings to Nebraska and Wyoming veterans.

donation2019.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Sixteen-year-old girl?! Seriously? Very nice collection, well displayed. You must have a nice bankroll backing you up.

Bankroll? Maybe if that translates to working 40+ hours a week regardless of school, summer time I'm working 50+ hours a week. I'm young so I can get away with with three hours of sleep a night, HA! I feel like I'm about 65 by the time I finally get a day off.

donation2019.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Your collection is wonderful. I plan on sharing your collection photos with my 10 yr old son. He just started getting into collecting late 2018. My son will be with me at the Hastings, NE show next month. I look forward to seeing you there. Just truly amazing. I wish I would have started as early as you have.

Your collection is wonderful. I plan on sharing your collection photos with my 10 yr old son. He just started getting into collecting late 2018. My son will be with me at the Hastings, NE show next month. I look forward to seeing you there. Just truly amazing. I wish I would have started as early as you have.

Thank you! I look forward to meeting you both, it's great to see other young collectors.

donation2019.gif

• 1 month later...

While the title would be more accurate now as 17 year-old girl's collection I thought I would share an update. I apologize in advance for the poor quality photos.

post-164755-0-30949100-1554397929_thumb.jpg

donation2019.gif

post-164755-0-54567800-1554398308.jpg

The uniform on the right belonged to Agatha Salvin who served WWII through Vietnam and the right is still in the acts of finding a positive ID.

donation2019.gif

post-164755-0-72030000-1554398582.jpg

Purple Hearts; Two are WWI WIA awards, 1 WWII KIA, 1 WWII Bronze Star, WIA Purple Heart group, 1 reissued WIA medal from WWII 1 Korean War WIA, and one is a Vietnam KIA award.

donation2019.gif

post-164755-0-14613500-1554398903.jpg

My WWI Nebraska State Guard uniform, two small WWI groupings to local vets and my mannequin displaying a basic WWI field gear set up.

donation2019.gif

post-164755-0-21578800-1554399204.jpgpost-164755-0-15927400-1554399223.jpg

A little more of my WWI Collection the left photo features my WWI USMC officers uniform that I happened upon in a small town antique shop in Wyoming. To it's right is my WWI Nebraska National Guard uniform. The right photo has a WWI quarter master's uniform and hat as well as numerous smalls pertaining to WWI.

donation2019.gif

post-164755-0-00367200-1554399555.jpg

This is just a portion of a larger group however it belonged to George Gordon Greene who was involved in the Battle of Chosin Reservoir and was later WIA.

donation2019.gif

You have one of the nicest collections Ive seen. Scary to think what it could look like at my age (53). Funding it on your own while going to school makes it more impressive!

Please keep sharing as it keeps growing

?

Thank you to all that have served our country and to your families that have sacrificed without your presence at home. Thank you to all that have given their lives for my freedom and to their families that suffer. May God bless you!

post-164755-0-32009500-1554401789.jpgpost-164755-0-75011000-1554401806.jpg

The dog tag belonged to Dale D Modrell from McCook, Nebraska, who was killed in action on October 2, 1944 in Germany. His body was discovered 11 years later while building a road, given the condition of this tag one would assume it was with him those 11 years.

donation2019.gif

post-164755-0-01667600-1554402283.jpg

WWI Silver Star to William McSweeney who served in the 18th regiment, 1st Infantry division.

And a reissue to a WWII awardee Silver Star, Bronze Star group Curtis A Williams who also served in the 1st Infantry Division

donation2019.gif