16 year-old girl's collection

You have an amazing collection and the best part is that you started with an interest in preserving your family history! It’s exciting and interesting to collect these historical items and learning about how, why and where they were used!

Best collecting wishes!

Frank

​​​​​donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2020.gif

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for sharing your most impressive collection of only 4 years.. You deserve all the great comments and accolades made by other Forum members. I'm proud to add mine. You are preserving history in a great way. Good luck and continued success in the hobby in your future. Bobgee

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif
"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)

Nice items Maddie, I recognize a few items. It is refreshing to see her at our local Hastings, Nebraska military show with a few of her younger friends that are also collectors. She is indeed the future of our area collectors. She is smart, responsible, and always wanting to learn more about our hobby. Tell your dad you need a bigger room.

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gif

"I am not broke but you can see the cracks, you can make me perfect again. All because of you". U2

Jace, Tim, and Mike you will always be my buds. God's Blessings guys.

" It's awful squatchy out here"

Seeing another young collector with such a large collection is quite impressive. I wish my collection could be that organized and high-quality. Well done!

Always looking for:

USMC groupings/uniforms

Raider groupings

USMC helmets

In Honor of:

James A. Fry AMM1c, USN, VB-305 - WIA April 11th, 1944

Wow, that is very impressive. The way you have organized and displayed your collection is top notch. Keep up the excellent work :)

-Ryan

Looking for Purple Hearts to service members from Roanoke Virginia and the surrounding area (Bedford, Botetourt, Vinton, Salem, Floyd, Franklin, Craig, Giles, etc.)

I'm willing to pay a premium. $$$

Also looking for:

Purple Hearts named to service members buried in the Normandy Cemetery or Arlington Cemetery.

Dog tags named to service members from Virginia.

donation2012.gifdonation2016.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Nice items Maddie, I recognize a few items. It is refreshing to see her at our local Hastings, Nebraska military show with a few of her younger friends that are also collectors. She is indeed the future of our area collectors. She is smart, responsible, and always wanting to learn more about our hobby. Tell your dad you need a bigger room.

I have to echo what Bones said! Maddie is serious about her collecting knowledge. Any time she stops by my tables I try to answer all of her questions and let her examine items hands on.

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Sell and / or trade items: http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/j335/36tex/Military Collectables For Sale or Trade/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If I ever get my hands on a time machine, I think I'm punch myb16byear old self in the face....!

Well done!

I think she found the time machine already and started hitting surplus stores. I don't understand how teenagers are getting so many incredible pieces, but they are, congratulations. This is an incredible war room! Keep up the good work.

Recently I was able to add two amazing pieces of Nebraska history to my collection the first was a WWI WIA Purple Heart to Emil F Hromas and the second was a WWII KIA Purple Heart to Richard P Neu, I found the first one at a local auction and was one of two bidders on the piecehowever the other was a reseller and didnt make me go too high. And the WWII heart was posted in a local estate sale by one of our local companies, however about a day after they posted it they came out and said that it would no longer be for sale, knowing them for years and being a regular at their sales since I was 12 I emailed them and they said that they received a lot of angry emails about it and decided to reach out to any family remaining in the city (past those who had decided to sell it) when they found one they called, emailed and went to the door however they never were able to get in contact with him so after a couple of months they emailed me back and stated that they thought it was worth somewhere around $100 and I was only showed photos of the front of the medal and was told that the name was on a sheet of paper. Wanting to leave a good impression in case they ever found another one and would email me before the sale about it I offered $150 when I met up with them they commented that the name was also on the back of the medal and when I looked I saw the engraving it was late war officially government engraved, long story short they were super stoked about the $150 and I was far happier about the medal. So here are pictures and a bit of research on both.

post-164755-0-47620800-1541700726.png

Currently looking for K.I.A. Purple Hearts and Identified groupings to Nebraska and Wyoming veterans.

donation2019.gif

• 2 weeks later...