16 year-old girl's collection

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nicely done - your collection is so impressively displayed. Keep up the good work!

Actively collecting:

13th USAAF uniforms and groups/medal groups!

307th BG, 5th BG, 11th BG, 42nd BG

Also looking for:

WWII Far East Air Force uniforms/groups!

Any Pacific Army Air Force Groups to 5th, 7th, 10th, 14th, 20th AAF

Collecting CBI and ATC Pacific Army Air Force groups

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif

USMF's custom photo resize tool:http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/229816-custom-resize-tool-exclusively-for-the-usmf/

You have a great collection for someone your age and for someone who has only collected for 4 years! Keep up the awesome work! It's younger collectors like you who will keep this hobby alive,

Kurt

!!!! WANTED !!!!

WWII Prisoner of War items : Medals, Mail, Diaries, Photos, Documents, Scrapbooks + More

WWII Naval Aviation Groupings : Medals, Documents, Scrapbooks, Photos, Flight Logs, Flight Jackets + More

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Very nice collection of assorted items and displayed very nicely! If you don't mind me asking what got you started in this hobby? I have a 16 year old daughter who thinks my collection is "cool" but has not shown much interest in learning much more about it or what the items represent.

And I agree with Kurt, you are the future of our passion and will carry on long after most of us are long out of the game!

Always looking for 325th G.I.R. and WWII USMC items!
donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif
donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

You sure that isn't your dad's collection??? When I was 16, my collection was about 300 patches! That is amazing......

-Ski

In Memory Of......
Pte Harold Griffiths, 1805, 1/6th Manchester Regt, KIA June 4th, 1915 in Gallipoli
Cpl Isaac Judges, 40494, 6th East Yorkshire Regt, KIA October 3rd, 1917 in Ypres
May they rest in peace.....

MSgt - USAF Retired

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

If I ever get my hands on a time machine, I think I'm punch myb16byear old self in the face....!

Well done!

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

Fantastic!!!!! Imagine another 4 years of collecting! Is there a name to the WWI Columbia accolade as well as the WWI USMC Officer tunic? Great stuff would love to see individual pieces featured. Keep it up youre doing amazing work!

They both are and I have done extensive research on them. I'll see what I can do as for that, and thank you so much.

Currently looking for K.I.A. Purple Hearts and Identified groupings to Nebraska and Wyoming veterans.

donation2019.gif

You sure that isn't your dad's collection??? When I was 16, my collection was about 300 patches! That is amazing......

-Ski

Ha! My dad has actually only ever collected snoopy/ peanuts memorabilia. I even tried to get him into the snoopy/ red baron themed Vietnam era patches but to no avail.

Currently looking for K.I.A. Purple Hearts and Identified groupings to Nebraska and Wyoming veterans.

donation2019.gif

Very nice collection of assorted items and displayed very nicely! If you don't mind me asking what got you started in this hobby? I have a 16 year old daughter who thinks my collection is "cool" but has not shown much interest in learning much more about it or what the items represent.

And I agree with Kurt, you are the future of our passion and will carry on long after most of us are long out of the game!

Well about five years ago when my grandfather passed away we had to clan out the house because it was to big and had become a bit of a hazard for my grandma. My grandfather had served in Korea, his brother served in WWII their father in WWI and their great-grandfather in the civil war (I may be missing a "great" in there I've done a lot of family history and there are conflicting documents). Theyer were pictures, medals, dog tags even letters dating back to the civil war. My uncle divided it all up in between the trash pile and the auction pile so... some how I ended up with all of it. I set up a display to honor my families history. However it was nearly a year that I purchased my first Ike (which has since moved on to another beginning collector). And that Ike started a rather expensive hobby that I work 40-50 hours a week to keep up with.

donation2019.gif

Very well done! Question, what is patch on uniform in post 5 and can you show better pic. Think you may have something special. Thanks for sharing.

Mort

post-164755-0-05564800-1533671350.png

donation2019.gif

Impressive! You are well past my humble collection. Hope you will continue your interest.

Happy Hunting

Craig

Thank you to all that have served our country and to your families that have sacrificed without your presence at home. Thank you to all that have given their lives for my freedom and to their families that suffer. May God bless you!

I remember when my youngest daughter was thought by some to be unusual collecting and shooting muzzleloading cannons. She had them from a few inches to a foot or more. Models to Signal. From new to late 1700's. In 1998 she graduated Jr College and wanted - needed - extra money to go to Univ. of Fla. so she sold all but one used by a GAR post in Cincinnati area. (I still have it). I hope you can and will want to keep all of your collection especially the family pieces. Girls can do anything. Girl Power ! Richard a Dad proud of his baby she was a Certified Wildland Firefighter and now a Silviculture Forrester.

Wanted: WWI ID'ed USMC Green Wool Uniform and ANYTHING documented to my Dad's Iwo Jima outfit: 21st Marines 3rd Div.

Items marked "Marquet, Marquett, or Marquette"

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

2017-donor-medallion.gif

I am very impressed a lot of collectors twice your age do not have that nice of a collection. Great display.. and glad to see some young blood interested in the history and militaria.

Go Navy!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

Incredible collection! Can’t wait to see what you get next! Thanks for sharing!

Hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am an amateur collector of US military items of the 20th century.

Looking for items related to:

-The Aleutian Island Campaign of WW2, Alaskan Theater, Alaska Defense Command, and more specifically the Battle of Attu

-Items related to the 50th Combat Engineer Regiment/Battalion

-Items related to Wheelus Air Force Base Libya, particularly from 1957-1960

-WW2 items belonging to service members from Northern Virginia

-WW2 Uniforms (all branches and services)

-Cheap/Throwaway WW2 named uniforms

-Smaller WW2 Groupings

-7th Infantry Division Items

-WW2 Photos and Letters (all branches, theaters, services, etc)

^^ PM ME!!

Instagram: @surplus_central https://instagram.com/surplus_central/

eBay: http://www.ebay.com/usr/giovachm