ASMIC Military Show & Convention Sept 6-8

mortaydc60

Who is going to this top must go to show? Most serious collectors rate this in top 3 or so shows. Been attending since the 1970s and have recently been setting up tables for sale from my personal collection. Plan on having 24 cases with just patches.

If you are looking to fill voids in your patch collection be sure to stop by because only have harder to get and rare items.

Yes it's the Crown Plaza Hotel, is right across the street from Dayton Convention Center, nice place as I recall from a couple years ago. And yes I'll be there for sure. Phone number for Hotel is 1-800-227-6963

vintageproductions

Is there a host hotel?

You have to call a special number just to sales office at the hotel as the regular reservation line has screwed up the reservations.

If you can't make it at that number let me know and I will get the other number to you.

• 2 weeks later...

What many people forget about are the absoltutely stunning displays many members put up. No matter what musuem you visit, you will never see groupings/displays like these in one place. This is when you find out who has spent a lifetime collecting, researching, and organizing something interesting. Even if it's not something you collect, you can appreciate each display. Some of them will absolutely blow you away.

Another highlight of this show - killer BBQ joint is maybe 2 blks away.....easy walk. Very popular downtown place to eat.

We have a lot of members who have some super wares for sale, too. On the other hand, not all of it is high end, either. I scored really big time at the last show, and that is hard to do for me. There will be many different dealers you may not be familiar with, You get to handle quality insignia - far superior to only looking at it on your computer screen. Meet some of the people you know by handle here or on Ebay, put a face to the handle.

I will be there Wed 5 Sept. If you are into Army patch variations, or AAF bomb squadron patches, or Disney designs, will have several of each for your perusal.

JUST A MARKETING TIP: It is good marketing to have the location of the convention on all posts, web pages, etc. If people have to dig to learn where it is.... it is less effective.

Whenever you list the date of any event... next to it must be the location of the event.

Show is in heart of collecting world Dayton,Ohio. This show and SOS are in my opinion the best to pick up items for your collection especially for US items. As the name states American Military Collectors, you are not wasting your time and energy wading thru rows and rows of nonUS items. My suggestion is to not miss this show. In one day at show you can accomplish one or two years of eBay buys if you even win and a lot surer in confidence of purchase.

But there is all other forms of militaria also, not just US insignia

There are helmets, equipment, uniforms, groupings, parts, swords, etc., NOT a lot of TR "stuff", which is the nicest word I can use here.

It is NOT just patches or DIs. What insignia (US/worldwide) there is runs the spectrum from entry level to "OMG! I found one!" And your year is made.

Lot of sellers many of you may not be familiar with.

Large number of displays.

vintageproductions

If you do a search of hotels near Dayton Convention Center there are lots of them, all the major chains.

As Bob said there are numerous and various types of things to buy. My intended distinction was that it was not so heavy into TR items. Like Bob and many other dealers I have VN,British,Korean,Polish,etc for sale but no TR at my tables.

Bob, is there an approximate table count, overall? Never been to this convention, but Im debating making a last minute drive out that way.

No question that if you are in driving distance it is a MUST to attend. It is worth a plane ticket and I have flown to many shows even across the country.