New 39th medic co. Helmet

beerdragon54

beerdragon54

Picked this up recent and I like it but am no pro. Obviously a Post war paint job and I haven’t tried researching the name yet but it appears right to me and always been together. I will let the experts chime in if they do so desire.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Webbing, sweatband, chinstrap, and nape in the liner look unused....Artwork looks cool, but agree overpaint looks post-WW2.....Bodes

Looks like a 3 Infantry patch painted on the side but the stripes are slanted the wrong way and there are to many stripes

maybe it was covered with shellac and thats why the white has a yellow/brow stain to it.

I have to agree, aged shellac. However. I doubt that a lot of that painting was ever used in the field, I am thinking, as others have stated, some kind of tribute helmet for a vet. The white liners were used heavily by VFW's in parades from the mid-50's to the late 70's.

beerdragon54

I was thinking mainly a tribute helmet myself. You can actually see the word ‘Europe’ above the 3rd ID SSI was scratched into the helmet first as a guide for the paint job. Based on the shellack aging, etc. I was still thinking it was done sometime in the 50s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk