Thoughts on this 2nd Cavalry Regiment patch?

ssggates

This patch came in a WWII grouping with a set of matching DUI. The Soldier served overseas from early '45 and did occupation duties through mid '46 before rotating home and being discharged. I am a little confused on the patch. I have read in numerous places online that this particular patch didn't come about until the 50s or 60s. Does anyone happen to have a similar patch or can anyone give me some thoughts on a date or maker for it?

Thank you!

post-20290-0-65577400-1533513883_thumb.jpgpost-20290-0-03840300-1533513892_thumb.jpg

2nd was stood up in 48 according to RW Smith, took the place of the 2nd Constabulary Regt. patch is occupation made German, as Bob stated in his post..

Thank you very much for the responses. It would appear that contrary to the information I have read elsewhere, this patch design could have been around as early as 1946.

2nd was stood up in 48 according to RW Smith, took the place of the 2nd Constabulary Regt. patch is occupation made German, as Bob stated in his post..

This was one of Smith's errors.

WW II 2nd Cav Regt redesignated 2nd Constab Regt 1 Jul 46. Redesignated 2nd ACR (US Constabulary) Nov 48. Dropped US Constabulary in 1951.

Patch dates 1946-60s.

This was one of Smith's errors.

WW II 2nd Cav Regt redesignated 2nd Constab Regt 1 Jul 46. Redesignated 2nd ACR (US Constabulary) Nov 48. Dropped US Constabulary in 1951.

Patch dates 1946-60s.

Thank you for clearing that up. I had found the same discrepency in a couple of different books, and it was throwing me off.