Share Your USMC Depot-Made Field Gear

Jake the Collector

My guess is that they "streamlined" the embroidering of the letters to speed up production a little, but that's just a guess.

A few more Depot products here- good ol' Wire Cutter Pouches...

post-3226-0-49757500-1537459735_thumb.jpg

Yes, they are the early ones.

Even though the tagged "Big-Head" Pouch is a '44, the "Big-Head" Cutters actually made their debut in 1943.

post-3226-0-72541600-1537662802_thumb.jpg

Jake the Collector

These period photos of depot gear were posted a while back by forum member "dustin," and I thought they'd be really fitting in this thread. The first shows a bunch of insulated P1912 covers; the second shows the 3rd-pattern depot-made dispatch case.

post-159182-0-58744000-1538337815.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I remember that thread; those photos are industrial-grade cool!!

Some more Depot goodies: Carrier Packs for the Navy's MAB Radios.

The only reason I bought 2 of them is that the Carriers have 2 different Depot stamps (next post).

post-3226-0-53879200-1539145692_thumb.jpg

Hi Jim,

Who would have thought the MAB radio carrier packs would have had two different stamps? Very interesting, now I need to go check which type mine has....

-Steve

I can't imagine anybody that has a better collection, or more knowlege and experience with USMC gear that our friend "Flage" !! :)

Learn from him !!

Best regards,

Paul

• 4 weeks later...
Jake the Collector

Bumping this thread up, for I suspect there are many more great depot items out there to be shared. Any era is welcome.

Bumping this thread up, for I suspect there are many more great depot items out there to be shared. Any era is welcome.

Yeah, I'm surprised this discussion didn't fill up more...maybe this stuff is more rare than we thought it was.

• 2 weeks later...

My guess is that they "streamlined" the embroidering of the letters to speed up production a little, but that's just a guess.

A few more Depot products here- good ol' Wire Cutter Pouches...

Im jealous Flage! Ive got fifteen pairs of unissued large head wire cutters and not a single large pouch. Ive got three early pouches and not one small head USMC wire cutter. Large pouches, small head cutters and a depot shovel cover are the thorns in my side.

Dang...forgot to put the early Canteen Covers in here.

Here are some variants of the between-Wars-to-early-War M1910 Canteen Covers constructed at the Depot. I was careful not to put any Stainless Canteens or Cups in them B)

post-3226-0-06222800-1543185329.jpg

post-3226-0-08238300-1543185339_thumb.jpg