WW2 German flare gun & holster

Screamingeagles101

Screamingeagles101

Hello, I have an opportunity to buy this flare gun from a thrift shop. It was apparently some guys grandfathers. His grandfather fought in Hurtgen Forest with the 28th infantry division in 1944. Taking this with a grain of salt. However, I am interested in the gun. Maybe you can tell me if it’s legit and it’s value..?

I took some pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its real....as for value they are a interesting item and Hard sell at times.Maybe $285 in my area if you really have to have one.I see some sites ask more but they dont sell typically

Screamingeagles101

Its real....as for value they are a interesting item and Hard sell at times.Maybe $285 in my area if you really have to have one.I see some sites ask more but they dont sell typically

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian Keith

Try to get the full name/story on the vet. The holster adds a lot to the value, true history does also. Flair guns are cool and not likely to be banned.

BKW

• 2 weeks later...

That appears to be a very very rare DDay used flare gun. It certainly was probably used in Normandy, so please make them a FAIR offer!!!

Well the holster says found in France, so it is obviously a DDay used item. That puts the value at least 2000 percent above a regular used flare gun.

• 6 months later...
Jumpin Jack

The flare pistol is a hard sell. Good price is $150. for the pistol, but the real value is with the holster. I have no idea what current values would be for this as a group

purchase.