"Charlie" At The Wire!-Khe Sanh.

ArtyScout

Hey Manny, thanks for adding another fantastic dio to our section; you did a great job. I really like the sniper scene very much! Since you mentioned the VN era mortar team. I think I still have an ACADEMY or TAMIYA M 106 mortar crew extra. If you can use them I'll put them in the mail for you next week.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. This was a fun diorama to do and I'm glad you all enjoy it. I'm glad that everyone is still finding small details in this dio. BTW Lars I found an 81mm mortar & team from HobbyFan on ebay. I've seen the Tamiya 107mm mortar set; or what we used to call the "Four-Deuce" mortar (4.2 inches). Thanks again.

Semper Fi.

Manny.

P.S. Has anyone noticed that the MG crew are smoking?

P.S. Has anyone noticed that the MG crew are smoking?

Yep, at least they seem to be out of range of enemy small arms fire. And no need for MG fire support for the snipers, I guess.

• 5 months later...

I saw this in the latest issue of "Fine Scale Modeler". When I saw it in the magazine I remembered seeing it on here. Congrats on getting your diorama in the issue! It looks great.

Kat

Have not seen that magazine, but will add my congratulations on getting published. It's well deserved. Is this your first time getting in a magazine?

Mikie

Hey Tiger & Mikie, I received my copy of FineScale yesterday and when I saw it I gave a loud hoot. Thank you for your congrats, but I owe a lot of it to this forum. Seeing the work that is done here, inspires me to be an even better modeler. I enjoy the hobby very much, but I try not to let it consume me by sometimes not even doing anything for a couple of days, but when I get back to it I'm raring to go. Again thanks for the well wishes and I hope to one day see someone else from here.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Thank you very much, Lars. I would really like to see Dennis' "Tarawa" diorama in a magazine.

Semper Fi.

Manny