• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

C G Medal ID needed please

I do not believe this item was ever entirely attributed, there are a lot of theories ranging from Cavalry Guard, to being a National Guard award medal to also being possibly a society or association medal, they are fairly prevalent so whatever it was, was give to a fairly large number of people, I have seen them in both the cap badge and medal form! The most common mistake is them being attributed to the Coast Guard which is 100% not true! They aren't expensive and the max I have seen one bring is about $25 but they usually fall in the $5-$15 range! Hope this helps!

Please Remember the Following Service Members who have passed on!

Manley S Webb- 1925-2006 US Navy WW2

James W Boutilier - 1921-1983 US Navy Seabees WW2

Russell W Haight - 1876-1953 Spanish American War, Cuban Pacification, Mexican Border War NYNG

Lt Colonel William H Warren 1921-2014 USAF

Came from a large PA National Guard collection. It looks to military for a society or association to me. I'll tote it around to a few shows. TY Mariner

No problem, happy to help! Hope you are able to move it along with out to much fluff I own a few, always liked the motif. I think thats why they are so commonly consider Militaria! I thought at some point someone had posed a theory of it being totally no related to the military at all but I can't remember when or where I saw that! I also have never seen one with an actual military grouping of any date! That being said still a cool medal! Cheers

Please Remember the Following Service Members who have passed on!

Manley S Webb- 1925-2006 US Navy WW2

James W Boutilier - 1921-1983 US Navy Seabees WW2

Russell W Haight - 1876-1953 Spanish American War, Cuban Pacification, Mexican Border War NYNG

Lt Colonel William H Warren 1921-2014 USAF