Custom Engraved Vietnam Era Zippo? Found in Paris

I found this lighter for sale at a vendor stall by the Seine in Paris, France. It seemingly has the name of several locations in Vietnam during the 60s as well as the name Slugger. If anyone is familiar with any of the names engraved on it and could help ID I would appreciate it! post-5860-0-54656900-1532655634_thumb.jpegpost-5860-0-51038500-1532655653_thumb.jpeg

"Nuts!" - General McAuliffe of the 101st Airborne

"Pain is weakness leaving the body" - US Marine Corps

"A good soldier always eats and always sleeps, so he is never hungry and never tired" - US Army+SSgt. Williams, US Infantry WWII Ret.

Ah, Vung Tau, the Va Beach in the southern part of RVN. What's on bottom? Who made inner working part of lighter?

"The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him" G.K. Chesterton

"A people that values it's privileges above its principles will soon lose both" D.D. Eisenhower

donation2009.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2017.gif

Well, that's a bit of a problem......

The Zippo code denotes that it was made in 1969 but the engraved dates are 1967-1968. So it's either a fake or was made after those service tours and is not a Vietnam 'theater' lighter

Reference: Zippo Date Codes https://www.zippo.com/pages/date-codes

• 3 months later...

I'm sorry I'm late to the show. I like the lighter. Nothing wrong with engraving your 'past' on a 'present' lighter. I like the fact that the Vietnamese words have their little accents.

donation2017.gif
donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I almost always have military items online. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

MY eBay LINK BELOW

EBAY AUCTION LINK