USMC Naval Aviator Wings w/ non-regulation EGA Device

Brig

Here's a set I picked up recently. A nice, worn pair of Navy/Marine Corps Pilot Wings, pinback with H&H hallmarkings. It has a non-regulation EGA device soldered on (you can see a bit of the solder). This is sometimes seen done on marksmanship badges, as well as both Jump Wings and Pilots WIngs and who knows what else. I've seen a couple other pairs, but as with the marksmanship badges, the EGAs on them are often different types. Was wondering on all your opinions on this. I think it's good to go, I know H&H wings are fairly common. I'm not much of a wing guy, but couldn't really pass this pair up.

USMC_Wings_Front.JPG

USMC_Wings_Rear.JPG

hallmark

Howdy,

The wing is 100% OK. A nice WWII (sometimes worn into KW period as well) wing. The only question is who/when was the EGA added. I think it looks good, but would be happier with a better solder job, but to be honest, would have no problems adding this to my collection.

Nice wing.

here is one with a ruptured duck that was added to a USN wing. They butchered the back of the wing, but I couldnt pass it up.

PFrost

post-1519-1228088894.jpg

Hey,

Love these wings thumbsup.gif Nice - very nice. I have seen a couple over the years, never had the chance to grab one for my collection. That's half the fun in collecting - The Hunt :lol:

Cheers,

AW.

Nice original wing but totally non-reg of course, with the addition of the EGA! However, some USMC aviators wore them when they could get away with it to distinguish them from their 'Navy' Naval Avaiator brethen. It could also have been given to a "sweerheart". I think it's probably WWII vintage. Nice find, Brig.

Semper Fi.....Bobgee

thanks guys. never thought I'd be able to find a set of these, imagined they'd get eaten up quick. Now just to find the jump wing counterpart