Large German Flag

doyler

Large Flag/Banner.Double sided with applied circle and swastika.

Signed by several GI's and Also states where it was found

"THiS FLAG WAS FOUND MARCH 23rd 1945 at MUNCHEN-GLADBACH GERMANY

…………………………………………………………………………………………………….

BY Cpl FRANK FRANKINI (?) CHICAGO ILLINIOS

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

post-342-0-68396300-1532581195.jpg

post-342-0-52132800-1532580985_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-16532300-1532581235_thumb.jpg

Nice flag Ron. Thats your guy Frank Frankini on the far left, with Frank Passic Sr, and Ed Nolan from L-R. He was in B Co. of 524.

post-94991-0-47137500-1532607318_thumb.jpeg

Nice flag Ron. Thats your guy Frank Frankini on the far left, with Frank Passic Sr, and Ed Nolan from L-R. He was in B Co. of 524.

Thanks for the additional information.Really great.

nice flag Ron! I've been dying to find one of these US unit signed flags.........way more interesting than any old TR flag...IMO.

I see a couple Iowa guys on there Ron, to bad we can longer go to the courthouse and get discharge copies.

Yes...the one may have been related to some (Funks) around here.

I picked this up in Wisconsin about 10 years aqo as a friend wanted a flag.Got it home and it wasn't what he thought.Never noticed the Iowa names till I opened it up for a better look.I recall the seller was out of the Milwaukee or possibly Chicago area

nice flag Ron! I've been dying to find one of these US unit signed flags.........way more interesting than any old TR flag...IMO.

Thanks.

I had one from a field artillery battalion years ago.Must have sold it in a weak moment. :blush:

Nice signed flag. I recently picked up a signed flag and I was able to research each signer...Recon Unit from the 78th ID...1st over Rhine river at Remagen Bridge

Great flag and great to put a face with a name. I have a large flag/banner (maybe 4 feet X 12 feet) but no names. I'd guess it hung outside a building or on the wall of a meeting place. It's just neat to have something that was there.

• 2 weeks later...