WW2 6th ID PTO Camo Lid

trenchfoot

I was able to grab this early produced m1 helmet shell with a nice 2 tone PTO camouflage and heat stamp of 39A 2. It crudely unit marked to the 6th Infantry Division. Does anyone here have any period photos of a similar camo in use with the 6th ID? Ive been looking for photos with no luck.

post-163344-0-42873000-1532564317_thumb.jpg

Garandomatic

Very cool... I've nothing to add, but am interested! One of my students had a grandpa that was in the 6th and I helped him put together a uniform and restored a helmet from parts for him. Very interested to see the star on it!

stealthytyler

hello

it's one for sale on ebay ? ended early

look great

olivier

It was an auction with the option of a BUY IT NOW. Interesting helmet with some potential.

hello

it's one for sale on ebay ? ended early

look great

olivier

Yes it was on eBay for a short time. I was able to trade for the helmet (I saw it on a different site) and I didn't notice it was on eBay until we were halfway done negotiating.

Russ has it got its chinstraps. Would love to see inside

Thanks

Dean

Sadly it's just the shell. I am thinking of getting a pair of early war flat buckle chinstraps and a beat up Hawley liner to display it. It does however have a faint ring on the inside from shaving residue.

I'll get some pics of the red marking for you stealthytyler

ArchangelDM

Sadly it's just the shell. I am thinking of getting a pair of early war flat buckle chinstraps and a beat up Hawley liner to display it. It does however have a faint ring on the inside from shaving residue.

I'll get some pics of the red marking for you stealthytyler

Mate I love it just how it sits