• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is This a Bona Fide “Thing”?

Appears to be made from a left over/cut down bayonet.

I have one that is shorter but still exibits the fuller/groove from the bayonet.Mine came from a WW2 Marine who was stationed state side during the war.

Never figured out if it was issue or something private purchase the company made from parts

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

It is called a "Pal double edged dagger" in the price guide, page 33. Supposidly made from Model 1905 bayonets.

I don't think it was an issue knife either.

It comes in several blade lengths.

post-165606-0-39843500-1532561430_thumb.jpg

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

I have never seen one in person, but everything I have read says they are very rare and worth a lot of much more than a standard knife. The seller had it with a buy it now price and it was a lot but I could not find the listing to see what he wanted. I guess now we will find out how much it is worth. I had not heard they were made with a bayonet blade. It seems like at least one picture had the R36 on the blade.

Dennis aka nifman

wouldn't it take from 9 to 12 inches of bayonet material to form these blanks? I suppose a tang could be welded or brazed to a shorter blade to form a tang, but that doesn't seem like a good practice.

donation2014.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Based upon what I see I agree that there is a really good chance these could have been made by PAL from left over blades, leather for handles, pommels, and guards from their wartime knife & bayonet production. Have never seen one before this thread. SKIP