150th FIELD ARTILLERY GUIDON;WWI?

BEAST

I picked this one up back in the 1980s from Hayes. I believe it is a WWI version, but I am not positive. There is a Philadelphia Quartermaster label, but I can't see a date. I would appreciate any thoughts or guidance on identifying the period. Thanks!

post-203-0-03825800-1532395230_thumb.jpeg

post-203-0-34596500-1532395292_thumb.jpg

post-203-0-74857000-1532395322_thumb.jpeg

WWI's / interwar are about 27" x 41". I believe the change in guidon size reflected the reduction in size of the units from Field Artillery Regiments down to Battalions.

WWI's / interwar are about 27" x 41". I believe the change in guidon size reflected the reduction in size of the units from Field Artillery Regiments down to Battalions.

Bill, so this would be from WWII when it was reorganized?

Most likely. Sawicki has 1st Bn (of the 150th FA, the parent unit) reorganized and redesignated the 150th FA Bn and assigned to the 38th Division 1 March 1942. The QM tag looks WWII to me, but someone else may know more on the subject.

I would say WWII, most of the later ones were dated. But as mentioned the WWI ones are much larger. Nice flag though!

Excellent Indiana item!

Thanks for posting it.

BKW

Thanks Brian! I am a little disappointed that I was wrong for soooo many years about it being WWI, but now I can use it to help tell their story in the Pacific. BTW, I may be doing a display at Camp Atterbury in September. Coming down?

• 3 years later...

So I found a photo of Battery B taken at Fort Knox in 1934.  Is it the same flag? It doesn't look like a larger (27" x 41") guidon, but it may be perspective.

BATTERY B 1934 PHOTO GREYSCALE CROPPED.jpg

BATTERY B 1934 PHOTO GREYSCALE resized.jpg