Sign in to follow this  
militarymania

IS THIS FIRST AID KIT WW II ?

Picked up at an Estate sale w/contents,,,didn't look thru them,ust looked inside to see if anything was there...Thanks,,,Robert

post-3486-0-10900100-1532391785_thumb.jpg

post-3486-0-82932400-1532391821_thumb.jpg

I believe this is post WW2 probably Vietnam or later. Some of the contents should have dates possibly

Go Navy!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

The stock number format on the front of the kit makes it a post WWII first aid kit.

Bob

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his country" George Pattons speech to the Third Army.

donation2008.gif

from the rubberized canvas and NSN...mid sixties or later....50s they were still using green canvas cases..and in the late 70s they switched to nylon material...pretty much the same pattern though

Nam era. I think they stopped using those rubberized style ones in 1973 or so as I've seen a nylon version with a 74 contract.

donation2013.gif

I don't think there is a single item in that kit that was in the original inventory

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif