Wasp wings-- a all out fake?

5thwingmarty

The one on ebay looks like it has the "nail head" pins. I am thinking that is a red flag. Also, one of my wing mentors e-mailed me about this wing saying the fakers are getting better.

As an aside, there is a grouping that has been appearing and disappearing from ebay for the last week that includes a JoeW fake that I had never seen pop up on ebay before, one of his Lampl/Juarez navigator wings. It was up for a BIN of $2000 before being pulled and then relisted for a BIN of $1800. It is gone again so hopefully no one here got suckered into it.

To be fair to he who call not be names, its hard to say that with those pictures that there is anything directly ties him to this wing. To me, the photos aren't that detailed to make me see any truly horrible things that push this into the fake category. The wing is "probably" a fake, I agree, but I always start in that position with any WASP wings that I find on line.

To me, the only thing that looks solidly wrong are the pins. The Josten hallmark is also kind of suspect.

I assume that this is an auction so the thing to do is get better photos.

Pat, I find it more and more just about by the day to look at anything with a solid go for it. there is no end to the lengths a basement Rembrandt will go to peddle his crap. I could go back into the early 70's when you had to watch the german items but, never thought the gi field would get hit. at that time no one wanted the American stuff, it was all german. nowits watch your step or get whipped.