U.S. Monument In Malta

Bugme

There’s a museum in Valetta that includes a bad USAAF uniform with very inaccurate (modern) ribbons. I was tempted to contact them to help correct it but never got around to it. (Saw some pretty bad ones in Reims, France as well.)

That museum also tells the story of the SS Ohio, the ship that broke the blockade in WWII - incredible story.

Malta is a fantastic place. I read a great book about the 1565 siege after I got home and really wished I had read it before going!!

Enjoy your time there!!!!

12A55, Yes, there are several mistakes in that museum and they do not listen to advice on their displays. ;) You are correct, you got to read about both great sieges to really appreciate Malta. We currently live in Zejtun, not far from from Valletta so, we are enjoying the history.

Yes Malta is a nice place to visit.

You should also pay a visit to the CP caves where the landing of sicily was put in motion...

rktrx5.jpg

29nauj4.jpg

3483rz5.jpg

True, the CP caves are pretty darn cool and not all the museum stuff is bad, these helmets including a U.S. M-1 were all legit:Malta 205.jpg

And the British Commonwealth was all good too:
Malta 198.jpg

AND... then there was the fakes section:
Malta 197.jpg

I am soooooo jealous....

Don't be. We have been here several times in the last 9 years but, this is the first time living here. The sparkle wore off after a few months. This would be in conjunction with the high temperatures here. :)