Ricardo

The Arrowhead

Hi All,

I would like to open a topic to study the arrowhead devices.

Arrowhead_device.jpg

The objective is to verify the models used since the Second War, regulations and the forms that were used.

Please , I would like look the contributions of all.

My best,

Ricardo.

The Arrowhead device is a decoration of the United States Army which is issued as an attachment to certain service medals. The Arrowhead device is awarded to any service member who participates in an amphibious assault, a combat parachute drop, a helicopter assault landing, or a combat glider attack.

The arrowhead device is a one time decoration for each service medal and no more than one arrowhead device may be authorized per service medal. As of 2004, the service medals which are authorized the arrowhead device are as follows:

Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal

European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal

Korean Service Medal

Vietnam Service Medal

Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal

Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal

Afghanistan Campaign Medal

Iraq Campaign Medal

In almost all cases, the arrowhead device is issued with a corresponding campaign service star, which denotes the campaign in which the assault landing was accomplished.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Please, show us ... the arrowheads:

WW2:

25th Infantry Division

253uc0.jpg

1st Cavalry Division

cav21eu.jpg

11th Airborne Division

badgeglider2rh5.jpg

101st / 82nd Airborne

101ike4ko1.jpg

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Here are my arrowhead ribbon groups.

1st is an artillery member of the 96th Division

post-1672-1228326751.jpg

Cpl James A Paris, USMC
Stinger Missile Gunner
H&S Co. Support Bn MCRDSD 2002-2003

MarDet Ft Bliss, TX 2003
2nd Plt 1st Stinger Btry, Okinawa 2003-2004
2nd Plt A Btry 3rd LAAD BN Camp Pendleton, CA 2004-2006

Please visit my blog: http://ourcountrysheroes.blogspot.com/

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

I can see it now where this is leading. There will be a book. Then all the arrowheads will be identified by types. I can see the military shows. There will be a huddle and some guy whispering to another, "You have a type 1 arrowhead there", "No, its a type 8"... w00t.gif

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

It's neither...it's actually a chiseled style British made variant....

I'll actually be interested so see all the different types, I've been looking for some arrowhead ribbon bars. There are very few from Korea..

Rob

Exhausting & Dirty Work

Interested in buying identified or re-searchable Korean War uniforms, groupings, medals and more.

It's neither...it's actually a chiseled style British made variant....

Ok... type 1 - Theater Made.... kinda like discovering a new planet :blink:

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Forum members:

You are in the MEDALS & DECORATIONS "Reference Section". This area is where posts from the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...?showforum=83) are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the various U.S. medals and military decorations.

As time moves forward, some of these posts may have additional information added to them by the moderators of this section. We ask for your input as well, especially in the correction of any erroneous information that may have inadvertently be posted..

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (here: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind....?showforum=83). And, as needed, we will be pleased to move any new and / or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised: posting and / or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff.

Sincerely,

Chris / ADMIN

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.