Shoulder Patch on OPFOR Tigerstripe Camo shirt

Bob Hudson

This has the OPFOR Infantry collar subdued branch insignia on both collars. The left sleeve patch says "OPPOSING FORCES BIRDS OF PREY" - I have not been able to find any references to that patch.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Have got some pics Marine Corps recon wearing this type of tiger stripe as OPFOR units. Will dig them out and post.

I life next to Camp Pendleton so I assumed this might be Marine.

The smallest of the platoons In the NTC Aviation Company, the OPFOR platoon, has an Army-wide reputation for excellence. The OPFOR platoon's mission involves flying attack helicopters in one of the most demanding environments in the world. During the force-on-force portion of the rotation, the OPFOR platoon executes it’s mission nearly 24 hours a day. It is the most visible and feared presence on the NTC battlefield. The Sokol aircraft armed with multiple Integrated laser engagement system (MILES), AT-5 missiles, 57-millimeter rockets, 30-millimeter cannon, and a 50-caliber machine gun; replicates the Soviet MI-24E Hind attack helicopter threat. Sokol is the Russian word for “bird of prey”, and the Sokol helicopter lives up to its name. Sokol crews routinely post Impressive battle damage assessments using russian attack helicopter doctrine that has been modified for today's modern battlefield environment. Aggressive tactics and Individual pilot skills make the Sokol birds of prey formidable adverseness on the NTC battlefield. The OPFOR aviation threat provided during the force-on-force segment of an NTC rotation helps rotational units Improve their force protection and air defense.