Plain M1

doyler

Issued but not worn M1 I have had for years.

Uncleaned and as found.

The shell is an "S" marked Schlueter and numbers are very faint.Never really pay much attention to the numbers or markings.

Capac liner.

post-342-0-62630900-1531975306_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-19109300-1531975314_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-52381500-1531975343_thumb.jpg

Screamingeagles101

Not sure if it’s a coincidence but everyone of my Schlueter fixed bales (3)have a capac Liner in them.... and so does yours.. was there like a special contract or something...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Ron, that's a nice Schlueter set. I perfectly understand your love for plain unmessed with sets. I have a few myself and they are my favourites too.

Rene

Not sure if it’s a coincidence but everyone of my Schlueter fixed bales (3)have a capac Liner in them.... and so does yours.. was there like a special contract or something...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good observation; I too have noticed a propensity for mint(y) Schlueters to come with Capac liners. Getting back to the OP, I really like this set, it's a great expression of the standard GI's helmet.

Faint "S" just below the area where front liner rivit has rubbed

post-342-0-02169300-1532051309_thumb.jpg

Rivit mark above loop,Inner shell doesn't show much wear other than rivet contact and where the liner slid in and around

post-342-0-18621900-1532051329_thumb.jpg

RememberThe5thESB

Awesome helmet! I've got an unissued schlueter myself, late war though. But again, Awesome shell!

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Awesome helmet! I've got an unissued schlueter myself, late war though. But again, Awesome shell!

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Thanks

This one beats my Schlueter as far as 'mintness' is concerned :). Great example but I like the SC liner even more. I have a soft spot for SC liners and this one is absolutely great.

Rene