Flea Market frogskin, HBT and blankets

dunmore1774

dunmore1774

Just got this batch from the flea market and looking to help get an ID on what they are and if we can get an ID on the Marine that owned it. It looks like the seller at the flea market cleaned out an estate and had these items and some more items, dress hats, ties, and leggings. Leggings has the same name stamp "E VOJTKO", one shirt has laundry number V-0701, and I'm guessing they came from somewhere here in western PA. All the items were individually priced and I couldn't afford to get the rest of the items. But here is what I got:

Pics #1 - 2 USMC blankets- each with USMC in the center, with different style fonts- One has white paint stencil of a name, but I cant make it out.

Pics# 2- P41 HBT jacket? has reinforced chest area, a single pocket on left breast with USMC and EGA, with name stamp "E VOJTKO" and a handwritten laundry number above? 3248?

Pics#3- P41 HBT jacket?- appears un-issued with size tags on lower pockets and top of sleeves. Un-reinforced breast, single breast pocket with USMC and EGA and 2 lower pockets.

Pics#4- P44 pants- possibly field modified? the 2 front pockets appear to have been hand sewn. It has the rear pocket over the butt-area.

Pics# 5- P42 Frogskin camo pants- appear un-issued. faint greenish number stamp on waist band, I cant make it out. Snaps are marked UNITED CARR. A pack of matches in the pocket.

Pics# 6- HBT jacket- has 2 breast pockets, and is double breasted with lighter colored HBT. Has laundry number V-0701. Has 13 star buttons.

Any help of proper ID of the clothing and any help on ID'ing the MArine would be appreciated, Thanks for any help!

post-104684-0-52973700-1531788200_thumb.jpg

dunmore1774

Not sure if I posted this in the right area, ADMINS, please feel free to move to appropriate area. Thanks!

“E. VOJTKO” is likely Edward Vojtko, MCSN: 590376, who first appears on USMC rolls in January of 1946, in the 3rd Replacement BN, Parris Island. He eventually was assigned to I-3-1, 1st MARDIV as MOS 746, Automatic Rifleman. He served until January of 1952, last appearing as a Sergeant in the Reserves as part of the 9th MCRD in Chicago.

Kurt Barickman

Super nice pile of WWII USMC! Your value will be in the pieces of the group as the vet is too late in the war for a combat record. ´

Kurt

dunmore1774

Thanks for the info so far, but I wonder if this the correct "E VOJTKO", closer to home

post-104684-0-35639600-1531792224.jpg

Nice haul. I think the stuff is from 2 people, one Marine and one soldier both named Vojtko. The army laundry number on the HBT jacket comes back to Michael Vojtko.

post-3508-0-19534000-1531792723_thumb.jpg