Information Request- Thank you

vernon

Hello - I wonder if someone in the membership might help me. I am trying to find out what unit WW2 vet James L. Dovicsak might have served in during the war. He was wounded twice in WW2, received the bronze star and was from New Jersey. Many thanks for your possible help with this. Happy collecting. Vern

huntssurplus

Do you have a birthdate and a death date? I also would recommend you post this in the INDIVIDUAL AND UNIT RESEARCH section: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/88-individual-and-unit-research/ as that is where the many great forum researchers will be able to find it!

Good luck with your search!
Hunt

Thank you very much for the suggestion Mr. Hunt. I will do that. Vern

I found Ewing NJ Purple Heart Walk of Honor but James L. Dovicsak's name is not on there. I've sent them an email asking them to add his name and also if they know what unit James served in. I'll let you know if/when I get a response.

c13.jpg

c14.jpg

I did find where James was apparently a 1st Sgt. I could find no newspaper articles with his name in it, other than his obituary. No WWII draft registration either.

James L Dovicsak Trenton, New Jersey

Our Lady Of Lourdes Cemetery

400 Woolsey Avenue

Trenton, NJ 08610

Birth: Sep 21 1923

Death: May 9 2009

Branch: US ARMY

War: WORLD WAR II

James Dovicsak 1ST SGT, Trenton, NJ

James L. Dovicsak

May 9, 2009

Born in Czechoslovakia

Resided in Hamilton, NJ

Obituary

James L. Dovicsak, 85, of Hamilton Twp. passed away Saturday at home surrounded by his loving family.

Born in Czechoslovakia, he came to the United States in 1928. He was a resident of Ewing Twp. for many years before moving to Hamilton Township 4 years ago.

James was a US Army veteran of WWII and was the recipient of 2 Purple Hearts and a Bronze Star, and was inducted into the Ewing Veterans "Purple Heart Walk of Honor". He retired from Princeton Plasma Physics Lab in 1986, after 25 years of service.

He was a longtime parishioner of the Incarnation-St. James RC Parish, Ewing and a member of the Hollow Brook Senior Citizens Org.

Predeceased by his parents John and Mary Dovicsak, sister Mary Virok, and his loving wife Mary Dovicsak; he is survived by his daughter and son-in-law Mary Ann and James Jaruszewski; his grandsons, Mark and Anthony Jaruszewski; his precious great-granddaughters, Nicole and Sara Jaruszewski; and several nieces, nephews and friends.

Funeral services will begin Thursday at 9am at the Saul Colonial Home, 3795 Nottingham Way, Hamilton Square, NJ. A mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10am from the Incarnation RC Church, 1545 Pennington Road, Ewing, NJ.

Interment will follow in Our Lady of Lourdes Cemetery, Hamilton.

Memorial Contributions may be made to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia for research for Crohn's Disease, 34th Street & Civic Center Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19104.

Relatives and friends may call from 6-8pm Wednesday at the Colonial home.

Thank you very much Beast and Aznation for your helpful information. Best of luck to both of you with your collecting.

• 2 weeks later...

I found Ewing NJ Purple Heart Walk of Honor but James L. Dovicsak's name is not on there. I've sent them an email asking them to add his name and also if they know what unit James served in. I'll let you know if/when I get a response.

Good news! Just received this email this morning:

Hello my name is Rick Ryczkowski I am the vice president of the Ewing Patriotic Committee.

It was Company C 328th Infantry. This is based on documents we used to justify his brick in the Walk. Hope this helps you.

I will contact the township to update their website and include James.

Rick Ryczkowski

COL, USA (ret)

Thank you aznation for your help with this question. Best of luck to you in your collecting. Vern