German made EIB?

easterneagle87

easterneagle87

Recent pick up,

Would like to knowm if it is German made.

No markngs on the back.

Raised musket, the barrell is not parralell with the top edge of the badge, odd - thick bar running on the under side of the stock.

Measures just at 3 inches.

I like it, but it's a variation of some sort and manufacture.

post-9131-0-67515000-1531202880_thumb.jpg

It definitely has that Meyer "applied rifle" look, but no markings is unusual. Doesn't look like any CIB or EIB German versions I've ever seen.

The enamel has more of a US made look to my eyes.

***I like it as well. I love the odd non-standard or expected badges.

Are the back of the pins when you removed the clutches dimpled ? I have a shirt sized expert infantry badge in the FS section that is German made, they look similar but Im leaning towards your being a gemsco

easterneagle87

Thanks for the info. I always saw Meyers stuff as pretty fastidious about stamping their insignia with their logo. Even the smallest Army branch insignia had a tiny Meyers shield pressed into it. The clutches have raised - double squarish dimples (Siegfried line type) at the 2-4-8-10 positions around the back. The other marking on the clutches (brass) are: PAT. NOS 2308412 2308424

This might help in id'ing, but clutches can be swapped and or replaced without anyone thinking about it. I did it as I laid my uni's out while reapplying insignia. Once I got everything set, then I put the clutches on.

Can you post a picture without the clutches? It would help to see the pins and how they are attached to the badge. It was said above, but a Meyer badge would be marked.

I think it is US made. Various companies made badges for private sale, i.e. not a government contract, and so marking were not used. C. Polk company used this pattern rifle and did not always mark the back.