Vietnam Era Military Ordnance Collection with Prototypes

warpath

Vietnam Ordnance Collection with Prototypes from the man who designed the munitions...Most of these I am familiar with, but there are some odd pieces mixed in and shown here for reference.

1. Concussion detonator (no blasting cap) - includes salt tablet for delay. Designed to work best underwater. Includes FM.

1. Various Cluster Bomb submunitions (inert).
  1. Explosively formed copper shaped-charge liners - an invention of _______. The penetration capability of a shaped charge depends largely on the diameter of the liner. These were designed to be used in a small-diameter rocket, and had a small explosive charge inside the liner. On impact, the small charge would detonate and expand the liner to a much bigger diameter, allowing more penetration from a smaller-diameter rocket. I believe that these are the only examples of this prototype that exist.
  1. Experimental 30 mm projectiles (inert) - another invention of my dad's. These were designed to be effective on thin-skinned vehicles like trucks and armored personnel carriers. After penetration, each of the dimples would act as a small shaped charge and maximize the destructive effect laterally. Very few of these prototypes exist!
  1. Chaff for aircraft to spoof missiles.
  1. Cluster bomb submunitions (inert) - designed to cover a larger area than existing bomblets.
  1. Copper shaped-charge liners - I've got many of these
  1. Anti-handling device for booby traps.
  1. Initiator for a tripwire booby trap (no blasting cap).
  1. Initiator for anti-personnel mine (no blasting cap).
  1. Inert 40 mm grenades with shells, most with links.
  1. Sectioned 40 mm grenade with shell.
  1. Copper tubes, about the size of test tubes.
  1. 40 mm riot control baton round.
  1. E16 M9A2 Chemical agent detector kit - Complete . The first kit to be able to detect nerve agents (See http://www.wood.army.mil/ccmuseum/ccmuseum/Library/Detectors_History.pdf).
  1. Another E16 M9A2 kit - in the original shipping package.
  1. .
  1. Aircraft chaff countermeasure - for missile avoidance.
  1. Riot baton with tear gas dispenser built in.
  1. Tear gas dispenser.
  1. Kuboton with tear gas dispenser built in.
  1. Tear gas dispenser/fogger.
  1. Inert bomblets, maybe from anti-personnel mines?
  1. Three Water-activated batteries.
  1. Two anti-handling devices for booby traps. One is complete, one is incomplete (missing steel ball bearing).
  1. Two anti-handling devices for booby traps. Inert training models.

post-3653-0-44392200-1531062953_thumb.jpg

dave peifer

very nice group,a lot of xm stuff .................the last item,i believe is a type of gas munition,.at least thats where id start....................dave

MarcoPolo2

Very nice collection.

Too bad you live in the US. I've got my inert MK 1 MOD 2 and my mega super duper rare LAW rocket (sectioned) for sale. :)

I am not sure what this is. Any help to ID it is appreciated. Ed

It is a US M25A2 Grenade, missing the arming sleeve and safety pin.

Round object is m25 grenade. US but using Soviet style fuse. Have someone check to make sure it does not have charge or CN.

There are some neat pieces in the collection. The really hard part is attaching values to the odd pieces and I'll offer this collection as it is.