Schlueter FS-FB from ebay

ThompsonSavage

ThompsonSavage

I normally do not buy helmets in this condition, but I couldn't let this one pass. Schlueter FS, FB in the 690 range (lightly struck). Laundry number on the straps. It only has 60% of its cork, but I still love it. Even with the paint loss on the top.

post-45626-0-33130600-1531054104.jpg

post-45626-0-83497200-1531054182.jpg

huntssurplus

Are you sure the heat stamp is 690? I thought Schlueters only went up to the high 500's? And I thought that a fixed loop Schlueter would be in the 10A-240A range? Don't get me wrong it's a very nice helmet and a great find! But heat stamp is probably 69C or 69A. Here is a rough heat stamp guide: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/227663-rough-schlueter-helmet-date-configuration-chart/

Hunt

Very nice helmet! Hunt is 100% right regarding the lot number, beat me to it!

Edit: What is interesting to note is that 69C is still unusual as every example on my chart consists of lot numbers that end in either A or B. I believe Jake once found an example also ending with C.

ThompsonSavage

I will give it another look and will try to take better pictures. It could very well be 69C.

• 2 weeks later...
ThompsonSavage

Took another look at the heat lot number but I'm pretty sure its 69C. It has a stainless steel rim and flat brass buckle. I paired it with an early high pressure Westy I had lying around.

post-45626-0-76542000-1531848350.png