world war I nerd

Post Your Span-Am to WW I Full-Length Soldier Photos

Nerd:

Glad to see you back and posting.   We missed you here.

Charlie

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

On 6/24/2020 at 7:34 AM, Charlie Flick said:

Nerd:

Glad to see you back and posting.   We missed you here.

Charlie

Yes, we sure did!

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

Thank you Charlie and Mikie. For some reason it's been difficult for me to get back in the routine of posting here in this topic on a weekly basis.

Gentlemen, meet the members of the "Jaw Bone Glee Club",unknown infantry regiment, U.S. Army, 1911.

I love these photos of soldiers who are so bored they can't help but get up to doing silly stuff. Like similar photos the men depicted are wearing a wide variety of regulation and non-regulation articles of clothing. The garments I can identify are a 1904 or 1905 pattern Overcoat for enlisted men, a 1904 olive drab wool Service Coat, a 1902 Dress Blue Service Cap, a 1907 olive drab wool Service Cap, 1907 Canvas Leggings, and a couple of 1902 Campaign Hats.

Jaw-Bone-Glee-Club-I.jpg

Unnamed U.S. Army infantryman in garrison. He's wearing 1911 Khaki Cotton Field Dress, 1910 Canvas Leggings, 1902 Campaign Hat and a 1910 Garrison Belt for enlisted men.

Garrison-Belt-I.jpg

NvlajZu.jpg

Naval Hospital Los Animas (Fort Lyon), Colorado, the US Navy sanitarium for tuberculosis patients.

grVoehx.jpg

Crew on deck of probably the Florida in 1917-1918

QOQ5s56.jpg

Soldier of the 5th Division with M1911 pistol belt.

QS5WGqT.jpg

2nd Maine Infantry, August 1916 on the Mexican border expedition.

More great shots Oozlefinch! Thanks.

Trio of 40th Division Doughboys on a French "carte postale". The gentleman in the middle is Carl Shoemaker according to the hand written caption on the reverse. The two soldier's flanking Carl are wearing all wool construction, early  pattern mackinaw coat (right) and a late war pattern canvas and wool pattern mackinaw coat (left).

I'm pretty sure that the guy's on the left are wearing the less than six month's light blue overseas service chevron, while the guy on the right is wearing a gold six to eleven months overseas service chevron.

40th-Division-I.jpg

1st Army engineer, Guy, B. Leet, April 9, 1919, France. He's also wearing the late war pattern canvas and wool mackinaw.

1st-Army-Engineer-I.jpg